Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "If Jon Jones pushed a ref, would Dana have kicked him out?" Says John Mcarthy

Default "If Jon Jones pushed a ref, would Dana have kicked him out?" Says John Mcarthy

John McCarthy on High’s suspension: If Jon Jones would've done the same thing, would Dana have kicked him out?

Source - BloodyElbow.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Elbow;
    Longtime Mixed Martial Artis Referee Big John McCarthy believes Jason High's punishment and suspension does not fit the crime.

"Jason put his hands on Kevin and kinda pushed him away. It was wrong. To be taken out of the UFC - I understand what Dana White is doing and I'm not saying, you know, Dana is, he's slamming his foot down, going don't do that, you're embarrassing me, you're embarrassing my promotion, you're embarrassing the sport, I can't have that. Now the question is, if Jon Jones would have done the same thing, would he have kicked Jon Jones out of the UFC? He wouldn't have. Now I understand why, I'm not saying that he should, but Jason got punished in a harsh fashion. Now on top of, you know Dana removing him from the UFC, the New Mexico State Athletic commission has, you know suspended him for 1 year. That's one year of time that he cannot make a living fighting. That's a lot. You know, you're having people take away your ability to make a living, based on one act"
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

Jon Jones wouldn't put his hands on a ref. Big John needs to work on his public speaking, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Short answer: No. Long answer: Noooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Jon Jones wouldn't put his hands on a ref. Big John needs to work on his public speaking, you know.
    no but he has no problems jamming his fingers into peoples eyes or attempting to hyper extend someones knee caps. I guess thats ok because we can work around that stuff with excuses. Jason High, now that guy doesnt deserve to feed his family
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Of course Dana wouldn't have kicked Jones out... and 1inthechamber would never shut up about it if Jones ever did touch a ref

If you are a champion or big draw, they will never fire you no matter what you say or do.
    However if you are a "small fighter", then they will fire you if you say or do anything slightly bad. Then they will pretend that they did so because they respect everything and everybody and will not tolerate fighters who do not do that.

We all know how hypocrite is the UFC. Dana White can tell a reporter that she is a cunt a nothing happens.
    Ronda Rousey can say that Cyborg is a male and nothing happens.

But a "small fighter" makes some joke that is politically incorrect and they immediately fire him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Should Jones (or anyone else for that matter) be fired for shoving a ref? Absolutely. Would Jones be fired for anything remotely comparable to what High did? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

9. Default

Jason received exactly the punishment he deserved... from the AC. A 1 year suspension is very justified for intentionally putting hands on an official. For him to be fired for it as well is over the top, and unwarranted.

I remember when it happened and i thought he'd definitely be in the shit over it and that he deserved everything he got. But Big John is right though, if it were Jones (or any other big draw) the UFC would make an excuse, stick to it, and sweep it under the carpet. And probably get away with it

Thread Information