Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen announces he's retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Bendeko View Post
    He said that the rules aren't clear cut but how is he deflecting blame? He admitted to taking the substances. He gave his explanation as to why he took them, and he said he'd do it all again. How is that 'back-tracking'?
    By saying the rules weren't clear he is implying that the AC should have made things more clear and it's not his fault because of that. The rules were pretty clear and these items are on the banned item list. (his own team mate has also confirmed that he knew this). The rules are crystal clear about what he was taking and the AC is only a phone call away if any doubt at all was there. That is deflecting. His whole excuse has been full of back tracking.. he didn't expect to test positive, he needed it to come off trt, he need it for fertility treatments, didn't understand the rules an so on.

You claimed he has handled this better then most fighters would have yet he's not taking any personal accountability at all for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    By saying the rules weren't clear he is implying that the AC should have made things more clear and it's not his fault because of that. The rules were pretty clear and these items are on the banned item list. (his own team mate has also confirmed that he knew this). The rules are crystal clear about what he was taking and the AC is only a phone call away if any doubt at all was there. That is deflecting. His whole excuse has been full of back tracking.. he didn't expect to test positive, he needed it to come off trt, he need it for fertility treatments, didn't understand the rules an so on.

You claimed he has handled this better then most fighters would have yet he's not taking any personal accountability at all for his actions.
    Chael Sonnen the king of, "I take full responsibility for my actions and make no excuses but.....".
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    wait, what?

rh
    I guess it's the line of thinking that post-cycle therapy isn't the actual anabolic and therefore not technically a steroid. If someone had a firm understanding of the whole trt/pct system and its timeline, he or she would know for a fact that Chael had cheated by simply acknowledging that TRT was banned in February and any PCT would have been finished in 4-6 weeks with a maximum of 12. HCG should only stay in your system for 8-12 days following injection.

However, none of that matters. He admitted to taking banned substances. I'm simply saying he was using either TRT of Testosterone alone AFTER it was banned by the NSAC. He thought he had time to clean up and it didn't work out that way because they tested him earlier than he expected.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Wanderlei is back at wanting to fight Chael. Look for his next call out of Chael to occur at Sonnen's funeral in roughly 50-60 years or so.
    USA! USA! USA!

I am very disappointed to read this. What a cop out! This tells me he has been cheating for a while, and now that he got caught, rather than take the heat, and get back to competing on an even playing field, he is taking the easy way out.

I fully expect to hear of a similar outcome with Vitor Belfort sooner than later.

It's a good enough excuse that people will consider it legitimacy... I think it's plausible but not probable... And I know nothing about the cycle of anabolic steroids... So my opinion probably isn't worth much. Lol. But he can still make money with the company, keep his personality around for those who like it... I admired his gameness, but never saw him being champ... So all in all not a big loss to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Stephan Bonnar got popped twice for 'roids right? Owned up to it both times. And lost his commenting side job with the company.

Is that a correct statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I bet Vince McMahon has a hard on right now...

This is pathetic. I can't stand all this dumb bullshit drama. Long gone are the days where just putting on great fights and in cage performances was enough. Chael is a lying sack of shit too(not fighter bashing because he's not a fighter anymore!) He always has some childish excuse. The first time it was because he was teased as a kid for having small balls and never reaching puberty now he claims he was trying to get his wife pregnant. I think he's full of shit with both excuses.

If he does, it's because he used the shit out of Clomid, HCG, Nolvadex, and any other ancillary drugs he could back when he had his "feud" with Stone Cold.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information