Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen announces he's retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    I bet Vince McMahon has a hard on right now...
    I swear I was thinking about that the other day. But the last thing the WWE needs is another part time heel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong...

Stephan Bonnar got popped twice for 'roids right? Owned up to it both times. Was a far more insightful commentator--keeping it more about the fighters and less about himself--and still lost his commenting side job with the company.

Is that a correct statement?
    fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    This is pathetic. I can't stand all this dumb bullshit drama. Long gone are the days where just putting on great fights and in cage performances was enough. Chael is a lying sack of shit too(not fighter bashing because he's not a fighter anymore!) He always has some childish excuse. The first time it was because he was teased as a kid for having small balls and never reaching puberty now he claims he was trying to get his wife pregnant. I think he's full of shit with both excuses.
    The board needs to be clear on this: chael's retirement doesn't open the door to posts like this. Nobody would want to read it about Fedor, or Hughes, or Georges or Anderson/anyone who will probably retire in the near future...

Objective criticism is fine, as long as it's supported in the text with discussion points.

This wasn't made explicitly clear before, so I'm not responding aggressively, but that's the last sonnen bashing post that will be tolerated.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I doubt Sonnen loses his commentating job. He is way more valuable to Fox as a network than he is to the UFC. Even though it is a UFC show I would be willing to be Fox has some control. To casual fan / average viewer Sonnen bring excitement. He is a hype man. While no one on here is going to believe the BS he is serving up, it is passable enough to the casual fan who barely keeps up with things. Sonnen is a hype man who can spin things fairly well to those who are not really invested or paying attention

I wonder what frontrowbrian on twitter is going to do now.
    You have to know what you don't know.

This all really fucking sucks and I am extremely disappointed.

You'll live

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I haven't listened to a UFC event with the sound on in more than 5 years. I'm not about to begin again now.

rh
    UFC Events have sound????????
    No shit?

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

I do my own commentating during fights

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I do my own commentating during fights
    Favorite post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    UFC Events have sound????????
    No shit?

H.
    I live in the UK and get UFC on BT Sports and formally ESPN.

One time the commentating was broken and we still had perfect sound minus Rogan and Goldberg, it was the best 3 fights I have ever watched. You could hear the corners giving instructions, the sound of every clean punch and kick landing and fighters wincing when submission attempts occurred. Think it was UFC 80 in Newcastle.

I was wondering for those who order PPV, do you have this option? Would be brilliant to watch like this IMO!
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

Oscar Wilde

Thread Information