Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen announces he's retiring

Well I sent in my resume but I haven't heard back yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

My biggest announcer pet peeve is that Rogan will try to "call" the maneuver a guy is going for on the ground, and even if the guy abandons it, or if Joe was just plain wrong, he'll get an erection for that hold for the rest of the time they are on the ground.

*guy kind of attempts triangle* "Oh, he's going for a triangle!!!"

*everytime the guy on bottom moves from that point forward* "Oh, he's going for/trying to set up that triangle again!!!"
    USA! USA! USA!

One issue I have with announcers in general is a lack of silence. It's like they get paid by the word, they can't let a second or three go by without saying anything. They're TV announcers. It's not radio. Let the viewer watch, you don't have to point out that it was a "nice combination, there," because, unless they're blind, they can tell it was a nice combo. Don't state the obvious, it's unnecessary. Credit your audience with some degree of perception and intelligence, and they might even develop them.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Vin Scully they are not
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

LOVE Chael!!!

Seriously... the PERSONA (and that's what it was people... a PERSONA!) that he created was a thing of beauty!

Whether he won or lost... dude said it best "When the music hits the speakers I will make that walk to the cage".

I GOTTA respect a guy who was one of the FEW who GENUINELY would fight anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Respect, Sonnen.

I wish you nothing but success in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    My biggest announcer pet peeve is that Rogan will try to "call" the maneuver a guy is going for on the ground, and even if the guy abandons it, or if Joe was just plain wrong, he'll get an erection for that hold for the rest of the time they are on the ground.

*guy kind of attempts triangle* "Oh, he's going for a triangle!!!"

*everytime the guy on bottom moves from that point forward* "Oh, he's going for/trying to set up that triangle again!!!"
    I liked Joe at first when I didn't know very much about MMA, especially grappling. He really doesn't add very much anymore. Half the time a fighter is going for a kimura or triangle you can see it happening for ten seconds before Joe notices it an points it out. He is the worst commentator in the UFC IMO.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

"My name's Chael Sonnen.I eat Brazilians for breakfast and will fight anybody,anywhere,any time.And oh fuck,they took my TRT away,nevermind,I fucking quit."

Well......bye.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Vin Scully they are not
    i cant be the only one that falls asleep listening to that guy...am i?

Chael Sonnen returns for a grappling super fight in August
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/c...-august-061914
    Chael Sonnen may be done with mixed martial arts after retiring from active competition last week, but that doesn't mean the bad guy is going away.

Just days after Sonnen announced he will be retiring from the UFC, the former light heavyweight and middleweight title contender has signed on to compete in the main event of the upcoming Metamoris 4 card on August 9 in Los Angeles. The news of the match was first reported on Twitter on Thursday.

Metamoris is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu promotion that puts on submission only matches with several notable names appearing on past cards including UFC heavyweight Brendan Schaub, Shinya Aoki and a who's who list of grappling legends such as Eddie Bravo and Kron Gracie.

This time around it will be Sonnen headlining the show against Andre Galvao in the main event special attraction.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'd like to see him compete in Agon.
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information