Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen announces he's retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    I GOTTA respect a guy who was one of the FEW who GENUINELY would fight anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    I think it's a little different when you don't have to worry about the UFC ever cutting you even if you acquire a string of losses.

Galvao is what, 180, tops? sonnen just said he was 230-something?

Without strikes, Galvao should still take his lunch money, but that's a lot of weight to shift.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post

I GOTTA respect a guy who was one of the FEW who GENUINELY would fight anyone, anytime, anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I think it's a little different when you don't have to worry about the UFC ever cutting you even if you acquire a string of losses.

I was just listening to the recent JRE podcast with Enson Inoue and he was talking about exactly this. Enson was talking about fighters 'back in the day' who didnt have to really worry about being cut and how he used to fight to challenge himself, not necessarily win a fight (eg. his stand up battle with Igor Vovchacnchyn). He spoke of a warriors heart, which then made me think of RH's reoccurring rant against certain current UFC champions who lack that warrior's spirit.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

It's not like he had nothing to lose or that getting your ass kicked is fun. Fighting anyone, anywhere, anytime is incredibly admirable even if your job is safe because of those characteristics.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    It's not like he had nothing to lose or that getting your ass kicked is fun. Fighting anyone, anywhere, anytime is incredibly admirable even if your job is safe because of those characteristics.
    No one is arguing against that... But fighting to be admirable is one thing, fighting for your career is another. Someone without the benefit of job security is much less likely to be able to take those chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    No one is arguing against that... But fighting to be admirable is one thing, fighting for your career is another. Someone without the benefit of job security is much less likely to be able to take those chances.
    Personally I think that one of the most idiotic things that the UFC does is that they cut guys after basically every event, while at the same time Dana is saying to put it all on the line. I'm a lot more likely to take a unnecessary risk to look better, if I know I'm gonna have a job tomorrow. If I'm fighting for my job, I'm hitting my 3 double legs, landing enough strikes to stay in control, and taking home my paycheck. The UFC should do 3 fight guaranteed contracts.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thre...g-him/?&page=1
    Sonnen tweets
    @sonnench: Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do...

Then Scott Hall retweets it with
    @SCOTTHALLNWO: “@sonnench: Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do...” very original

Then Scott Hall (who calls himself "The Bad Guy") tweets the video when he originally said it.
    @SCOTTHALLNWO: Hey yo @sonnench....WWE Hall of Fame 2014 http://t.co/KFU7atktev

im surprised Scott Hall was sober enough to tweet that.

Don't be a dick
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Sonnen vs Hall at next Wrestlemania. Seriously though, I'll be surprised if he doesn't try to make some $$$ in WWF or if they don't offer him some kind of gig there...

Thread Information