Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen announces he's retiring

sonnen is good on the mic, i could see pro wrestling in his future

You don't think all the people who have heard his stolen schtick before will be onto him right off the bat?

I mean, honestly, Scott Hall already called him on his unoriginal, recycled, and stolen BS.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Pro wrestling is pretty much recycled stolen schtick. But actually, I think he might be uncomfortable in the purely entertainment industry. I could see him being unconfortable talking the smack without a real fight on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Pro wrestling is pretty much recycled stolen schtick. But actually, I think he might be uncomfortable in the purely entertainment industry. I could see him being unconfortable talking the smack without a real fight on the line.
    Didn't seem to bother him with Wandy

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    You don't think all the people who have heard his stolen schtick before will be onto him right off the bat?

I mean, honestly, Scott Hall already called him on his unoriginal, recycled, and stolen BS.
    And people immediately called Scott Hall out on his "stolen" routine from Scarface. No trash talk is new. Every way to say you are great, or you are going to kick some bodies ass, has already been said. The Rock used up everything that hadn't already been said.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    And people immediately called Scott Hall out on his "stolen" routine from Scarface. No trash talk is new. Every way to say you are great, or you are going to kick some bodies ass, has already been said. The Rock used up everything that hadn't already been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Scarface just called and wants his schtick back.
    We should expect it from wrestling.. Not mma.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Most if not all pro wrestling gimmicks are either inspired by or straight taken from other forms of media. There are even some acts that can be considered tweaked/reassigned versions of older wrestling personas (like Bray Wyatt being compared to Waylon Mercy). Chael seems to be simply following that method.

"What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun." - Some Book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    We should expect it from wrestling.. Not mma.
    I would agree, but I can also see putting on a different persona to stand out from the rest of the other fighters in the same division. If it can help gain them more notoriety and money, I can't say that I blame them. Especially when there are plenty of fans both casual and hardcore (more casual, of course) that eat it up. Then again there is a certain point where it becomes redundant and poorly thought out. Law of diminishing returns and whatnot.
    Last edited by CA_Gas Bag; 06-23-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Did not want to double post

Point=completely missed
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information