Thread: Jacare Souza will return at UFC 176

Default Jacare Souza will return at UFC 176

Jacare Souza will return at UFC 176
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/11...urn-at-ufc-176
    Ronaldo Souza will make his first international appearance for the UFC in August.

Coming off consecutive victories over Chris Camozzi, Yushin Okami and Francis Carmont on UFC cards in Brazil, Jacare will return to the Octagon at the UFC 176 card in Los Angeles, Calif., on Aug. 2.

"’Jacare’s’ next fight is scheduled for Aug. 2," Souza’s coach Josuel Distak told MMAFighting.com, "but the UFC has yet to tell us his opponent."

Distak wants an opponent that puts Jacare, No. 4 ranked UFC middleweight, in a title fight next.

"Any option from number one to seven is good for us," he said. "We’re ready for anyone."

Four of the top seven UFC middleweights are not scheduled to fight, including Luke Rockhold, Tim Kennedy and Gegard Mousasi, who fought Jacare before signing with the UFC. A win over any of them could earn Souza a shot at the 185-pound title against the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida, set for UFC 175 on July 5.

"We will steamroll whoever is in our way to the title," Distak said. "Vitor (Belfort), Luke, Mousasi, any of them. Whoever the UFC brings, Jacare will be ready to fight."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

He could avenge losses to either Mousasi or Rockhold. Jacare has been looking good since his loss to Rockhold.

There's a Kennedy rematch that would be good as well. For some reason I see this as the likely scenario, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Of course my ideal scenario is to see him defeat Vitor and make himself the definitive number one contender.

3. 06-11-2014, 11:11 PM

Reason
    Double post

4. Default

Jacare vs Mousasi rematch would be awesome now.

Jacare / Rockhold rematch. Mousasi vs. Vitor (pending licence) for #1 contender.

I'd love to see Mousasi win the strap.

I think that Jacare would destroy Rockhold in a rematch
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

jacare vs. Belfort for the number one title contender fight.

i thought i read jacare being out until 2015... but this is great news, Rockhold or Belfort make the most sense for him

Jacare has looked like a beast in recent outings. I'm ready to see him fight no matter who he faces. He has shown glimmers of greatness throughout his career but loses to Rockhold and Mousasi raise questions if he is truly UFC champ material. (I know, I know. The Mousasi fight was quick and long ago but still....) Now he has the opportunity to erase doubt and I'm pretty damned excited to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I think that Jacare would destroy Rockhold in a rematch
    I don't. Luke is good enough on the ground to avoid submission and his styling is still superior to Jacare.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Thread Information