Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bellator alters tournament format, creates new class for former tourney winners

I used to love bellator and I am all for having Competition between mma orgs. because it gives fights another way to make a living if they don't want to fight in the UFC. But I hope bellator goes away soon, their product as really gone down hill and bellator is becoming a joke. This is one Org. That I hope the UFC runs out of of business

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

I could have been completely on board if not excited if they would have announced a "Champions Bracket" rather than saying they could just randomly give them title shots.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Sounds like Bellator really wants Chandler/Alverez III no matter what. Makes you wonder who'd pulling the strings, actually you really don't have to wonder....Despite being corporate stooges for Viacom, I would still like to see Bellator succeed and produce MMA stars fans can get behind. I'd like to see them ultimately partner with ESPN. With that kind of organization behind them, they will have some serious power. ESPN already does a boxing series, It's a matter of time before they get into MMA. The UFC is in love with it's own hype and would never consider cross promotion, not since they tried to take on PRIDE directly. I think ESPN has the bank account and the credibility to pull it off. Imagine a Champions tourney pooling champions from around the world for a chance at the ESPN MMA World Title? Sounds crazy, but so did the idea of MMA when it was first pitched.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information