Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 174: Weigh Ins, Media and Post Fight Info

Default UFC 174: Weigh Ins, Media and Post Fight Info

UFC 174 weigh in results, live video stream
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/13/58...e-video-stream
    Complete UFC Fight Night 42 weigh in results are as follows:
    Main card:

125 lbs.: Demetrious Johnson (125) vs. Ali Bagautinov (124.5)
    170 lbs.: Rory MacDonald (171) vs. Tyron Woodley (170.5)
    205 lbs.: Ryan Bader (205) vs. Rafael Cavalcante (204.5)
    265 lbs.: Andrei Arlovski (249.5) vs. Brendan Schaub (238)
    205 lbs.: Ryan Jimmo (204.5) vs. Ovince St. Preux (205.5)
    Preliminary card:

170 lbs.: Kiichi Kunimoto (170) vs. Daniel Sarafian (171)
    135 lbs.: Valerie Letourneau (135.5) vs. Elizabeth Phillips (135)
    135 lbs.: Mike Easton (135) vs. Yves Jabouin (136)
    155 lbs.: Kajan Johnson (155) vs. Tae Hyun Bang (156)
    135 lbs.: Roland Delorme (135) vs. Michinori Tanaka (135)
    155 lbs.: Jason Saggo (155.5) vs. Josh Shockley (155.5)

Dana White pre-UFC 174 media scrum full video replay
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

UFC 174: Brendan Schaub plans to respect Andrei Arlovski 2.0 by 'putting it to him' in Vancouver
    Which is why Brendan tells UFC.com he expects to welcome Arlovski 2.0 to the cage this Saturday night.

His words:

"When he was in the UFC and he was the champ, it was Frank Mir, Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia, and they were fighting each other every other weekend. So it's a different game now. However, he's had this long layoff from the UFC and he's been competing all over the world, but now we're dealing with a different Arlovski. We're talking about an Arlovski who didn't have a Greg Jackson in his corner before. He didn't have a Freddie Roach to work with on the mitts, so I have to welcome Andrei Arlovski 2.0 to the UFC and it's a tough task, but the way I show him the utmost respect is by going in there and just putting it to him."

UFC 174's Rafael Cavalcante: 'Brazil deserves to have more belts'
    “I do think that Brazil deserves to have more belts. It’s a good thing that Brazilians are born with such a hunger to fight, because we certainly don’t have the infrastructure that’s available in America.”

UFC 174's Rory MacDonald on Woodley: 'This isn't an athleticism contest'

“He’s definitely more muscular than me, and he’s a very explosive guy,” MacDonald told MMAjunkie. “But this isn’t an athleticism contest. This is martial arts.”

MacDonald more athletic? 'Never laughed so much in my life,' Woodley says

“His coach on ‘Embedded’ said he’s more athletic than me,” the welterweight contender said ahead of the possible title eliminator. “I’ve never laughed so much in my life. He can work as hard as he can. They can stab him with as much steroids and TRT and do whatever, but he’ll never be more athletic than me.

“It’s just a God-given gift. It’s not that he’s not athletic, but I’m probably the most athletic guy in the division.”

Demetrious Johnson says John Dodson came across like 'a fool' last weekend and isn't next in line

Dana White Vancouver Board of Trade luncheon scrum

Besides MacDonald/Woodley, this is a pretty weak card (unless you care about the 74 pound title fight).

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Besides MacDonald/Woodley, this is a pretty weak card (unless you care about the 74 pound title fight).

I'm pretty excited for it.. Not for Demetrious in the Main, Not for Woodley in the Co-Main, not for Bader and Feijao duking it out...BUT FOR Andrei fuggin Arlovski!!

As a matter of fact, the last 4 fights to end the night should be golden. Super stoked!
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Going to pass on the main event but the rest looks good.

It's not big on name value anyways typically the UFC doesn't pull out the stops to put on a big show in western Canada. Still has potential to put out some good competitive fights though. I's be surprised it it does much over 200k in ppv buys though.

Funny how this card has been completely overshadowed by the Sonnen drug story this week though

this isn't an athleticism contest is probably one of the most carefully crafted disses i've heard this week.

If this was a Bellator card, everyone would be on her saying how washed up Arlovski is and how desperate Bellator is for fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I'm pretty excited for it.. Not for Demetrious in the Main, Not for Woodley in the Co-Main, not for Bader and Feijao duking it out...BUT FOR Andrei fuggin Arlovski!!

As a matter of fact, the last 4 fights to end the night should be golden. Super stoked!

If this was a Bellator card, everyone would be on her saying how washed up Arlovski is and how desperate Bellator is for fighters.
    Arlovski wont look so washed up when he puts his Belarusian fist through the back of Schaub's head!

Hope so. Would love to see Arlovski win. I think he is highly underrated. One of those guys who can beat a lot of top heavyweights but can very easily lose to the same fighter.

Just saying, if it was a Bellator card, there would be several posts on how he had his jaw broken by a UFC Welterweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Arlovski wont look so washed up when he puts his Belarusian fist through the back of Schaub's head!

Thread Information