Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC 174: Weigh Ins, Media and Post Fight Info

I'm looking forward to this card, I don't know what yall are bitching about.

The flyweights and Johnson in particular bring it every time, I think this could look a lot like Benson/Russian LW #2 from the last week. Speedy mother fuckers.

Woodley/MacDonald could be a snoozer, but it's got legit WW implications

Bader/Cavalcante should be a good scrap, both guys are going to be throwing leather. Winner should get a bump in competition too.

Arlovski/Schaub. It's freakin Andre Arlovski, back in the UFC. Has potential to be a great stand up battle.

OSP/Jimmo. This fight could suck, but if OSP dictates the pace he could get the finish and would be 4-0 in the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    If this was a Bellator card, everyone would be on her saying how washed up Arlovski is and how desperate Bellator is for fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Hope so. Would love to see Arlovski win. I think he is highly underrated. One of those guys who can beat a lot of top heavyweights but can very easily lose to the same fighter.

Just saying, if it was a Bellator card, there would be several posts on how he had his jaw broken by a UFC Welterweight.
    Yeah well I dont really understand the Bellator hate either.. I watch Legacy Fights actively on Friday Nights on AXS TV for christ sake. I dont understand why we have to compare everything to the UFC or hold a smaller promotions' brand and product to that level. I enjoy fighting as a whole and that includes all the baby organizations that try to put on a decent show.

As for Arlovski being underrated, yeah I dont think his detractors have watched him fight at all since he left the UFC. He's 6-1 pretty sure...and that 1 loss mind you, is from a newly redefined Anthony Johnson. I mean he hasnt beat any huge names since, except for Mike Kyle.. I think he performs well tonight, looking for the early KO. I dont expect it to go the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Arlovski wont look so washed up when he puts his Belarusian fist through the back of Schaub's head!
    damn straight! WAR ARLOVSKI

Hoping Bagautinov upsets Mighty Mouse just to shake shit up with a potential FOTN.. Hoping Woodley drops Rory(I think he's a douche) potential FOTN as well.
    Feijao vs Bader= Cavalcante sleeps him.. Arlovski vs Schaub= KOTN
    OSP takes out Jimmo.

the Main Card looks fun, i'm ready for it!
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

UFC 174 bonuses: Tae Hyun Bangs his way to $100K

Performance of the Night -- Tae Hyun Bang

Performance of the Night -- Kiichi Kunimoto

Fight of the Night -- Tae Hyun Bang vs. Kajan Johnson

Dana White: For Brendan Schaub to think he was robbed against Andrei Arlovski at UFC 174 is 'hysterical'

UFC 174 results: Rory MacDonald's next fight won't be for the welterweight title
    In fact, he felt like it was his strongest performance to date, as he talked about at the post-fight press conference:

"I think this is probably my best performance in my career so far. I gotta watch the tape but the feeling I have right now, you know, I'm pretty happy with myself except closing the fight, I didn't get the finish. Things went well."

UFC President Dana White had previously mentioned if MacDonald had a showing that blew his doors off, he might consider having "Ares" fight for the title next.

Well, he was watching and while he thought MacDonald looked good, he revealed to Ariel Helwani in an interview on Fox Sports 1 that previous plans to crown the next number one contender in the Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Brown fight at UFC on Fox 12 in July are not changing.

Sorry, Rory.

As for what he'll do next, "Ares" had this to say:

"I'm really not sure (what I'm going to do next). I'm going to just take some time now and chill out after this fight and see what happens. I'm not going to take a long break, that's for sure. I'll be around to fight."

His hope, in the end, is that Lawler and Brown will stink the joint up in San Jose next month and he'll slide right into that number one contender slot:

"It's not that I don't want the title shot. I want it to be clear that I want that but I respect the decision that there's two guys ahead of me that have been promised it. But if that fights a stinker, I'm ready to step in."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Well I guess I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

UFC 174 medical suspensions: Jimmo, Bang, Letourneau get long layoffs
    Aside from the mandatory minimum suspensions of 14 days, the following fighters were given longer terms after UFC 174:

Ali Bagautinov: Suspended 30 days with no contact for 30 days.
    Rory MacDonald: 14-day mandatory suspension; additionally, must follow up with general practitioner before returning.
    Andrei Arlovski: Suspended 30 days with no contact for 14 days.
    Brendan Schaub: Suspended 90 days with no contact for 60 days due to left eyelid laceration and suture on right side of face. Additionally, must have CT scan of head and a doctor’s clearance before returning to training or competition.
    Ryan Jimmo: Suspended 180 days with no contact for 180 days due to fractured right forearm. Additionally, must be cleared by orthopedic surgeon before returning.
    Daniel Sarafian: 14-day mandatory suspension; additionally, must follow up with regular physician before returning.
    Valerie Letourneau: Suspended 180 days with no contact for 30 days. Additionally, must have left orbital cleared by doctor before returning.
    Mike Easton: 14-day mandatory suspension; additionally, must have left thumb assessed by doctor before returning to training.
    Tae Hyun Bang: Suspended indefinitely with no contact for 180 days. Must have nose cleared by doctor before returning to training or competition.
    Kajan Johnson: Suspended 60 days with no contact for 45 days due to knockout loss. Additionally, must follow up with general practitioner before returning to training.
    Roland Delorme: Suspended 30 days with no contact for 21 days.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information