Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UFC 174: Johnson vs. Bagautinov- Live Results and Discussion Thread

They need to just give Benny a 125 IC title or something....

Mid-way through the third of a five round fight and Rogan's already calling for the challenger to "lay a trap" or "pretend to be hurt"....I'm thinking he shouldn't really "sell out" until at least the fourth and he's not getting totalled COMPLETELY here.

Muting again....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Too bad Hector's booked against Stungun. I could go for a Rory/Lombard in early Fall.
    Rory vs Hector would be fantastic! I'm gonna be honest and whip out my degree in MMA Math real quick, what I just saw out of Rory tonight, I see neither Brown, Lawler, or Hendricks having an answer for his lanky ass unless they catch him with the shot that puts him out.

All in all this card had the potential for a great night of fights and in the end it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.. Several lackluster performances but oh well it happens. Horrible PPV, looked great turned out bad.. I mean it wasnt all bad tho, just some snoozers.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    All in all this card had the potential for a great night of fights and in the end it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.. Several lackluster performances but oh well it happens. Horrible PPV, looked great turned out bad.. I mean it wasnt all bad tho, just some snoozers.
    Given the sheer number of cards they're putting on, things like the Schaub/Arlovski bout are unfortunately part of the PPV asking price, when in reality Andrei at this juncture should probably be used as a FS1 prelim main eventer and draw fans to a free fight based on his name.

I'd have preferred Feijao/Jimmo and OSP/Bader stylistically, but they've just got so many cards to put on that things are thin. We're two weeks out from another "TWO-IN-ONE-DAY-ATHON" and those cards become exhaustive and ain't too deep.

Thus far, Rory's showing was the highlight. This main event feels moot.

I think they should give Tommy Davidson a stool for post fight interviews, and a UFC belt that is proportional to his size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Anybody else a bit surprised Mighty Mouse blanked Ali on the scorecards? I figured one judge would've tossed either the fifth or MAYBE the fourth Ali's way. I had it 49-46 Johnson....

I had mighty mouse winning all 5 and to me it was never even close. I am looking forward to a rematch with Dodson. I feel a rematch could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Rory vs Hector would be fantastic! I'm gonna be honest and whip out my degree in MMA Math real quick, what I just saw out of Rory tonight, I see neither Brown, Lawler, or Hendricks having an answer for his lanky ass unless they catch him with the shot that puts him out.
    I'd take Lawler off of that list, seeing as Lawler beat Rory two fights ago

I didn't think it was a bad decision. Andrei hit Brendan with better/harder shots. Brendan didn't do too much. Not much happened in the fight, could have given them both a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I can't believe Andrei scored that decision. I had it on mute and was pulling for him hard and didn't give him anything but the first and that'd be generous....

Wow, tiny crowd for Vancouver: 13,506.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/john...le-at-ufc-174/

Thread Information