Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Askren: If Nick Diaz can stay off the pipe, I'd fight him and take him down like a ..

Default Askren: If Nick Diaz can stay off the pipe, I'd fight him and take him down like a ..

Askren: If Nick Diaz can stay off the pipe, I'd fight him and take him down like a wet paper bag
    According to Askren, it wouldn't be much of a fight, as he sees himself defeating the Stockton slugger with little-to-no trouble at all. And he'd be more than willing to fight him, if Diaz can somehow "stay off the pipe."

"Funky" breaks it down to MMA Roasted:

"Diaz, man he ain't even fighting no more, why would I talk about me against someone who's retired? Well, if Nick Diaz can stay off the pipe, maybe I'll fight him. He's like taking down a wet paper bag. I don't think I'd have much trouble. He'd probably be flipping me off and shit, but I'll just smile at him."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

the only way Ben wins that fight is by taking Nick down and laying on him, not even so sure Diaz wouldnt end up submitting him.

Nick would pick him apart .. Askren talks too fucking much.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    the only way Ben wins that fight is by taking Nick down and laying on him, not even so sure Diaz wouldnt end up submitting him.

Nick would pick him apart .. Askren talks too fucking much.
    Has Diaz ever beaten a decent wrestler ? much less one with Askren credentials

The best part of this statement is Askren acknowledging that the "reporter" is baiting him.

And yes, Askren is a horrible matchup for Diaz. Nick didn't even want to fight Hieron, he'd avoid Ben like the plague.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Askren would brutalize nick and do it with a smile on his face. Diaz would have about 15-30 seconds of offensive opportunity per round and then back to getting mauled. If nick had one-punch KO power, maybe. He just doesn't.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Stay off the pipe Nick...

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Aksren wouldn't do much damage if he were to beat Diaz. I think Nick would pick him apart tho but who knows now really since Diaz never fights.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Hilarious quote from Askren. Ill add to his rep but i have to spread it first
    LJS-NEMS

I don't think there is anyway Nick beats Ben unfortunately.

Thread Information