Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Askren: If Nick Diaz can stay off the pipe, I'd fight him and take him down like a ..

1. Default

About the only time Nick would get to throw a punch is after the buzzer sounds on the round, just like he did against GSP.

If this fight would ever happen, Askren would ride him like a whipped carnival pony for the entire duration of the fight, then Nick would throw his third consecutive hissy fit in the post-fight and retire for the 3rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Has Diaz ever beaten a decent wrestler ? much less one with Askren credentials
    Sadly, no. Which is why I said the only way Askren wins is with the wrestling game... You really think Ben would stand and trade with Nick? no way. He'll stick to his ground game.. Which I dont blame him, bread and butter baby. I just dont like the shit talk that will lead to a dry humping sleepover for 15 minutes instead of a leather slingin good time.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Askren would brutalize nick and do it with a smile on his face. Diaz would have about 15-30 seconds of offensive opportunity per round and then back to getting mauled. If nick had one-punch KO power, maybe. He just doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Picking Ben apart indicates that Ben wouldn't be able to take Nick down.

Right?
    No no, I meant if Ben WOULD NOT keep him held down. but like what has been stated, he has about 20 seconds per round to get off before he is brutalized to the ground.. Askren dominates as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't think there is anyway Nick beats Ben unfortunately.
    No chance in hell unless Askren decides he wants to practice boxing

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Aksren wouldn't do much damage if he were to beat Diaz. I think Nick would pick him apart tho but who knows now really since Diaz never fights.
    Which is a damn shame.. and the lack of damage/no damage dealt is what I meant by Nick would pick him apart if they were to stand and trade and Askren wins just by keeping him held down.

I love wrestlers, but Askren is really kinda boring to me, just something about him. and I stand by my previous statement: "Askren talks too fucking much"
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 06-16-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Ben is doing a pretty good job of shaking the "dry humping" image in my opinion. His last three fights were finishes in the 1st, 4th, and 3rd rounds respectively. While he may have a string of uneventful decisions, he's recently been doing his part to be more exciting and getting that finish.

Obviously he's gonna try to keep Diaz down, should they actually fight. He's open about that and is unapologetic that nobody has been able to stop him.
    Last edited by SickNasty; 06-16-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wording
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post

Obviously he's gonna try to keep Diaz down, should they actually fight. He's open about that and is unapologetic that nobody has been able to stop him.
    God Bless Him for it and he shouldnt be apologetic. Not his fault nobody can stuff his takedowns... It just fucking sucks to watch sometimes.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Sadly, no. Which is why I said the only way Askren wins is with the wrestling game... You really think Ben would stand and trade with Nick? no way. He'll stick to his ground game.. Which I dont blame him, bread and butter baby. I just dont like the shit talk that will lead to a dry humping sleepover for 15 minutes instead of a leather slingin good time.
    Ok just the below made it sound like you were quite sure Nick would win no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    not even so sure Diaz wouldnt end up submitting him.

Nick would pick him apart .. Askren talks too fucking much.

i think nick would say something along the lines of... "Askren, I'll make you my blanket!"... hahaha. no but seriously... askren would probably just lay on nick the whole fight. unless nick gets wheelie bars installed to prevent takedowns it would be a long ass fight for him.
    Come check out my video game stream!
    http://www.twitch.tv/el_dpay

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Ok just the below made it sound like you were quite sure Nick would win no matter what
    yeah my Nick Diaz fanboy dumbass attack went public for a few moments... Then I thought about the fight for a good amount of time and came back to reality

Regardless of what the outcome would be, it's a fight I never want to see, just like any other fight that Askren is part of...........

Ben Askren likes a different kind of pipe than Diaz.

What in the flipping fuck did you just post Snigs?
    Why....I mean just why would you even punish us with that image?
    I would prefer to watch Ask ten fights for a whole day than ever see something akin to that.

Snigs for that, in the immortal words of Tech N9ne "I love you but Fuck You"

Kidding of course, but that is a wretchedly horrible picture I wish could be unseen.

Thread Information