Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jon Jones: 'The UFC tried to bully me'

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Yeah I agree but since Dan is by far the most well liked of the three people tend to not bring him up when discussing the infamous card that never was.
    Yea well, most MMA fans are fuckin retrded.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Dana didn't injure Hendo so I don't see how it was Dana's fault. If anything it was Dan's fault for hiding the injury for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think you could divvy out the blame to Hendo, White, and Jones.
    Yeah I agree but since Dan is by far the most well liked of the three people tend to not bring him up when discussing the infamous card that never was.
    ...or you could legitimately feel that Henderson was the least culpable of the bunch. Yes, he bears some of the responsibility, but of the three, he was the least egregious in his behavior. He was acting on medical advice: wait and see if it heals enough to fight. He'd been fucked out of a promised title shot in the past by dana, and this was likely to be the last one of his career. It was exceptionally likely that if he'd told zuffa he was waiting on an injury when it first occurred, dana would have overreacted and pulled him from the card in a heartbeat. He told dana the moment it was clear that he couldn't fight.

Dan Cormier did exactly the same thing for his fight against Henderson, three weeks ago: He got hurt in practice. It was iffy if he was going to be able to fight. He didn't tell anyone in zuffa's brass, he waited and rested. He healed enough to fight, he fought; and there were a megaton of articles about what a BAMF he was for fighting hurt.

Fighters do that all the time.
    On the flip side: Promoters don't generally announce fights before speaking to their fighters. Well, good promoters don't, anyway.

And champions don't refuse fights with guys from a weight class smaller than them, who literally pose no striking threat and no real submission grappling. Well, great champions don't, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I just find it funny when one of the "favorites" finally feels that all-so-familiar sting of dealing with the UFC when they're not getting what they want.
    I get that. "How dare you treat me like I'm rampage jackson or something!"

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...or you could legitimately feel that Henderson was the least culpable of the bunch. Yes, he bears some of the responsibility, but of the three, he was the least egregious in his behavior. He was acting on medical advice: wait and see if it heals enough to fight. He'd been fucked out of a promised title shot in the past by dana, and this was likely to be the last one of his career. It was exceptionally likely that if he'd told zuffa he was waiting on an injury when it first occurred, dana would have overreacted and pulled him from the card in a heartbeat. He told dana the moment it was clear that he couldn't fight.

Dan Cormier did exactly the same thing for his fight against Henderson, three weeks ago: He got hurt in practice. It was iffy if he was going to be able to fight. He didn't tell anyone in zuffa's brass, he waited and rested. He healed enough to fight, he fought; and there were a megaton of articles about what a BAMF he was for fighting hurt.

Fighters do that all the time.
    On the flip side: Promoters don't generally announce fights before speaking to their fighters. Well, good promoters don't, anyway.

And champions don't refuse fights with guys from a weight class smaller than them, who literally pose no striking threat and no real submission grappling. Well, great champions don't, anyway.

I get that. "How dare you treat me like I'm rampage jackson or something!"

rh
    The bottom line is Dana is the most to blame. He is the one that put on a card that could not hold up without its main event. Had the card been healthy to begin with, the show would have went on. I do not feel it is Jones or Hendo's fault the card was cancelled. I do how however believe Jones should have just shut up and fought Sonnen. I can understand his dec not to though.

Hendo not telling Zuffa is fucked up. It did lead to everything being rushed. If Dana wouldn't go back on promises (some of which were to Hendo himself) then Dan probably would have spoke up sooner. Therefore I blame Dana for that as well.

Dana was being a little bitch when he canceled the event however, he did everything he could to try an salvage the main event. I fucking hate Dana but I can't honestly say he is most to blame. Henderson is to blame for hiding his injury, Jones is to blame for declining the Sonnen fight, Machida is to blame for surrendering his # 1 contender ship and then bitching that he should get it back and Dana is to blame for canceling the event.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    The bottom line is Dana is the most to blame. He is the one that put on a card that could not hold up without its main event. Had the card been healthy to begin with, the show would have went on. I do not feel it is Jones or Hendo's fault the card was cancelled. I do how however believe Jones should have just shut up and fought Sonnen. I can understand his dec not to though.

Hendo not telling Zuffa is fucked up. It did lead to everything being rushed. If Dana wouldn't go back on promises (some of which were to Hendo himself) then Dan probably would have spoke up sooner. Therefore I blame Dana for that as well.
    agreed 100%

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

White on Jones' bullying charge: I'm making the fights people want
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...s-people-want/
    UFC president Dana White appeared recently on AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” and offered no denial that he tried to pressure Jones into the rematch, made no apologies, and simply explained he was doing his job.

“We sit down and we try to make everybody happy, but this isn’t boxing, man,” said White as transcribed by Tom Ngo. “In boxing, these guys run away, and they tried to make Floyd and Manny seven years ago – fight still hasn’t been made. We make fights, that’s what we do.

"I had a real stupid article by a real stupid journalist where he was talking about how I get whatever I want and he called me a czar. That's my job, to put on fights people want to see. If an overwhelming number of people don't want to see Jones-Gustafsson, then I probably wouldn't want to make it."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information