+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Crazy Kimbo Slice to Bellator Rumour.....

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,760

    Default

    What a crazy time in MMA that was
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    618

    Default

    I'm kind of pissed Kimbo vs Bob Sapp never happened. Not that I'd pay for that hot garbage, but I'll admit I like freakshows. Nothing beats the most elite level fighters, but street brawls are street brawls (although Sapp would need to be on PCP for any aggression and not tap out in 10 seconds).

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    I'm kind of pissed Kimbo vs Bob Sapp never happened. Not that I'd pay for that hot garbage, but I'll admit I like freakshows. Nothing beats the most elite level fighters, but street brawls are street brawls (although Sapp would need to be on PCP for any aggression and not tap out in 10 seconds).
    I admit that it would be fun if it was the 2002 Bob Sapp who showed up.
    But the Bob Sapp of today would simply come, turtle up and immediately tap.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    I admit that it would be fun if it was the 2002 Bob Sapp who showed up.
    But the Bob Sapp of today would simply come, turtle up and immediately tap.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    I'm kind of pissed Kimbo vs Bob Sapp never happened. Not that I'd pay for that hot garbage, but I'll admit I like freakshows. Nothing beats the most elite level fighters, but street brawls are street brawls (although Sapp would need to be on PCP for any aggression and not tap out in 10 seconds).
    Only in a backyard would I watch lol

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    13,791

    Default

    From what I've been reading, it wouldn't be a shock if they legitimately book something akin to Kimbo/Thompson II for the head-to-head with UFC.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,902

    Default

    Sad thing is, I would probably watch that over the 115 lb title fight (or what ever the newest weight class is).

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    From what I've been reading, it wouldn't be a shock if they legitimately book something akin to Kimbo/Thompson II for the head-to-head with UFC.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Sad thing is, I would probably watch that over the 115 lb title fight (or what ever the newest weight class is).
    Zing! mee too lol

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Fantasy Jewish Oklahoma
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Bellator Reaches Out To Kimbo Slice, But No Deal In Place Just Yet

    Bellator MMA is interested in signing Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson.

    The promotion recently offered the former EliteXC and UFC fighter an opportunity to fight for them, however, Slice was not interested in what was presented, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Middle Easy first reported the rumor on Monday.

    "They had reached out to us," Slice's manager "Icey" Mike Imber told MMAFighting.com, "however, it was very informal and nothing has been decided.

    "You know Kimbo is down to fight whenever. There's actually a few options out there, so whatever makes most sense I think he's gonna with."

    Imber would not disclose the other offers Slice is currently mulling over.

    According to sources, the potential new Bellator regime is interested in Slice, however, the idea to reach out to Slice came from the current regime.
    There was a bit more in the article. I condensed it to this because I seem to remember that there was a rule in place that said the whole article couldn't be posted. Maybe I'm wrong though.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,336

    Default

    I hope they do not go the EliteXC way and ask Thompson (or whoever Kimbo's opponent will be) to not kick him or take him down.

    Don't forget that Kimbo's knee was a mess (And I don't think that now it is much better. He is older so probably his knee is even worse) and that he has nothing to offer in the ground game.
    Plus, I do not think he has been training for MMA since he retired. So now he will still be a brawler with legit KO power. But if he fights against a decent MMA fighter (who will not be scared as hell to face Kimbo), he will be beaten even worse than in the Mitrione fight.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •