Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tyron Woodley 'chokes in big fights,' UFC President Dana White says

To my knowledge, T-Wood's really only been in three "big fights": Nate, Condit and now Rory. He faired pretty well until he started to lag in the latter half of the Marquardt fight and was still quite green. One could make the argument that Condit was starting to pull away in the second round when his knee blew out and may have been able to take the second and eventual third rounds on the feet, maybe even scoring a finish on Woodley, but the record shows a win for T-Wood in that fight, so he'd be 1 for 1. And now he just got outworked by a far superior technical fighter in Rory, who game planned for him and has far superior TDD than Carlos.

That puts T-Wood at 1-2 in "big fights" and I'm prone to almost give him a pass on the Rory fight given the somewhat short turnaround in between major fights. Third round cardio is always going to be an issue, but I think he's far more dynamic than say, Ellenberger, who has completely stagnated. I think T-Wood still takes a lot of the top 15 of the division, but he can definitely be neutralized.

Dana is quite the shit head. He would not have said any of this if Woodley didn't open his mouth about the match making, which regardless of whether or not he beat Rory he was right about.

I don't think he choked but he just came with a bad gameplan. He just backed off thinking he could counter rather than just attack and make openings for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    I think Dana says some idiotic shit.

It's bad enough he's putting down Tyron for losing, but he's simultaneously detracting from Rory's winning performance.
    But he's the Boxercise champion of the world and we should respect his opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    But he's the Boxercise champion of the world and we should respect his opinion!
    Because he's a real fight fan so he knows what real fight fans want and if you don't want what he wants than you're not a real fight fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Because he's a real fight fan so he knows what real fight fans want and if you don't want what he wants than you're not a real fight fan.
    speaking of Dana White....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dana.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	712  

Haha. Dick.

I guess if you're a guy like Mike Tyson you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want. Whats Dana gonna do? Get in his face? Boxercise him into a living death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    speaking of Dana White....

TysonKnows

I wish Dana White would never talk again about some fighter choking in big fights and about how he wants some fighter to retire.

If Joe Rogan said so....well at least Rogan is a legit martial artist. But fucking Dana White? The idiot is just a former zumba (or some thing like that) trainer.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    He's got that Kenny Florian syndrome. I get it.
    I really don't get the whole Florian syndrome spiel. Kenny didn't choke in big fights, he was just given really bad match ups against really tough opponents. I mean if you were to speculate before hand about fighters who would completely shut Florian's game down, Maynard and Sherk would come to mind. Aside from those two, Kenny just ran into absolute monsters in BJ Penn and Aldo. And if I remember correctly, the Aldo fight was pretty close.

Thread Information