Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urijah Faber explains Full Contact Skydiving, which is basically MMA in the air

Default Urijah Faber explains Full Contact Skydiving, which is basically MMA in the air

MMA in the air? Yeah, pretty much.

Just when you thought you've seen everything, watch UFC star Urijah Faber explaining Full Contact Skydiving in this video (h/t MMA Junkie). Because the only thing more ridiculous than jumping out of an airplane is jumping out of an airplane and getting punched in the face the entire way down.

OK, so visually speaking it does look kind of cool. But would we do it ourselves? Not a chance. Who regulates this anyway? Is there an athletic commission 10,000 feet in the air? They do have referees, which is fantastic. How do you even get a job like that? This is where UFC president Dana White would like Steve Mazzagatti to get more seasoning.

Faber seems pretty into this and probably not just because they're paying him. There's absolutely no way the UFC lets him actually participate in this "sport" though.

In his next fight, Faber meets Alex Caceres at UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Vegas. Caceres knows all about fighting high -- he was popped for marijuana use following a win over Kyung Ho Kang in March 2013.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymake...the-air-061714

WTF is this shit?

Make them fight over the parachute.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Make them fight over the parachute.
    now thats an idea, send an email to whoever is organizing that crap. really, its bound to happen anyway. eventually one guy will accidentally eff up anothers parachute and he'll die for it. and we'll all check it out on youtube.

edit: honestly i think fighting in the training room was cool as hell, that i would love to see. pride rules of course, so we can see epic stomps from 10 feet up and soccer kicks that send people flying. bitchin' awesome.
    Last edited by jhemp81; 06-17-2014 at 06:07 PM.

this might be the dumbest spin off of MMA yet.

It was obviously a troll video to promote some other product (probably the skydiving company or gear).. I thought it was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    It was obviously a troll video to promote some other product (probably the skydiving company or gear).. I thought it was pretty funny.
    i'd like to thank so cause if not talk about jumping the shark
    http://fullcontactskydiving.com/index.html

omg i was about to start a noobjack thread about this. is this real lol? if so, can you be sure these people do not already have some type of head trauma?

besides, a lot of the "moves" looked more like pro wrestling moves. i seen a couple dropkicks and german suplexes.

the more i look into it, the more legit it seems to be. and it doesnt appear to be a new thing either as there were events dated back to 2013. i'll defend every title shot faber gets, but this is kind of hard for me to defend (then again so was regular mma 15 years ago).
    Last edited by carbondioxide830; 06-19-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Whether your goal is to improve your ability to defend yourself mid free-fall, or compete with the best vertical contenders on earth, the physical and mental benefits of FCS are undeniable. You’ll build confidence, self-assurance, core strength, overall health and wellness. Full Contact Skydiving is the most exciting sport on earth… in the sky.
    0.o
    Skuay Thai
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

It has to be fake. Training veteran skydivers to fight in the air is incredibly stupid but its no where near as stupid as training fighters to learn to skydive so they can fight in the air. If you can't control yourself there is so much that can go wrong.

If you don't have proper control of yourself in the air it is incredibly dangerous. There has been case of two sky divers hitting eachother at terminal velocity and their legs basically exploding and impacting.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RkSqXGWWx1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you are not in control of your self in the air you can go into a death roll where you start spinning uncontrollably. It causes you to pass out and even when your parachute automatically deploys it gets tangled up in your body.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information