Thread: Report: Ben Henderson vs Rafael dos Anjos to headline UFC Fight Night 49 in Tulsa

Default Report: Ben Henderson vs Rafael dos Anjos to headline UFC Fight Night 49 in Tulsa

Report: Ben Henderson vs Rafael dos Anjos to headline UFC Fight Night 49 in Tulsa
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/17/58...lsa-bok-center
    Fresh off the first-ever finish of his near-perfect Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) career (9-1), former Lightweight champion, Ben Henderson, will continue his road back to the top spot against fellow top-ranked contender, Rafael dos Anjos, in UFC Fight Night 49's main event.

TulsaWorld.com brought word of the important five-round 155-pound showdown, which will take place at BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla., on Aug. 23, 2014, earlier this evening.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Bendo will have 15 fights under his belt before Pettis defends once at this rate.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

I love this match up! That's all I have to say about this
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Bendo will have 15 fights under his belt before Pettis defends once at this rate.
    I'm gonna add to that by saying Bendo faces Aldo at 155 lb before Pettis does, even if he's not the champ, while Pettis is gonna be clamoring for a fight versus Aldo, yet find a reason to pull out.

Seems like they want to build Bendo's momentum back up.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Well duh!! It's because TUF is so awesome and important!

I think Bendo takes this fight pretty handily and being that he is not prone to injuries, I think he comes back and fights again before year's end.

I'm also thinking Bendo wants to keep fighting for financial reasons. He was getting $100k/$100k as champ, and in his last fight he got $45k/$45k. That's a big drop in pay and I'm assuming the more he thinks he fights, the higher his pay increase per fight.

Thread Information