Thread: ronaldo 'jacare' souza vs. gegard mousasi rematch set for UFC 176

Default ronaldo 'jacare' souza vs. gegard mousasi rematch set for UFC 176

An important middleweight fight has been added to UFC 176.

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will meet Gegard Mousasi in the co-main event of the Aug. 2 card in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Daily News first reported the news Tuesday night.

The pair first met at DREAM 6 in Sept. 2008. Mousasi knocked out Souza via upkick in the first round to become the DREAM middleweight champion in the finals of the DREAM Middleweight Grand Prix.

Souza (20-3, 1 NC) has won his last six fights in a row, including his first three in the UFC. Thus far, he has defeated Chris Camozzi, Yushin Okami and Francis Carmont inside the Octagon. The Brazilian took some time off recently to recover from left elbow surgery.

Mousasi (35-4-2) is 2-1 in the UFC. He lost to Lyoto Machida earlier this year in his return to 185 pounds, however, the MMA veteran bounced back last month when he defeated Mark Munoz via first-round submission.

UFC 176, headlined by Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes for the UFC featherweight title, will take place at the Staples Center in LA. The main card will air live on pay-per-view.
    source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/18...ed-for-ufc-176

wow, really not sure who's gonna take this fight. do you guys think this is for the number one title fight?

It will be for Souza but they'll likely make Mousasi fight another time I would suspect.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

It very well could be for the number one contender position, since vitor is a ? mark. I agree with sj that it absolutely should lead to a title shot if jacare wins.

Fight Boner.

If Machida and Mousasi both win, I think it would likely set up an interesting rematch.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Very excited abut this card, and I really hope Gegard takes the fight. I hope the winner gets a title fight, the division is looking pretty thin lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Jacare has the coolest nickname in MMA.
    You have to know what you don't know.

That's an exciting one. I cannot pick between the two. I hope no one gets injured before the fight.

War Jacare!!!

I think it depends on who is champion after 175. Either man could be the next contender if Weidman retains, but if Machida won Jacare may only be considered since Mousasi fought Lyoto not long ago.

I'd say Weidman/Jacare will be the next title fight, but Machida/Jacare or Weidman/Mousasi sound pretty damn good too.

Thread Information