Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Report: Scott Coker expected to replace Bjorn Rebney as Bellator CEO

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default Report: Scott Coker expected to replace Bjorn Rebney as Bellator CEO

    Report: Scott Coker expected to replace Bjorn Rebney as Bellator CEO
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/18/58...ceo-viacom-mma
    Bellator MMA could soon be operating under a new frontman, as reports are coming in this morning (Weds., June 18, 2014) that Viacom has ousted Bjorn Rebney and will replace him with former Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker.

    Who just so happens to be available.

    From MMA Fighting:

    According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Viacom executives, the majority owner of Bellator MMA, informed Rebney, the founder and CEO of the promotion, earlier this week in New York that they are working towards replacing him with former Strikeforce CEO and founder Scott Coker. Josh Gross first reported the news early Wednesday morning.

    The early plan was to announce the move later this week, perhaps as early as Wednesday, however, according to one source who spoke on the condition of anonymity, "the fight is on." In other words, Rebney, who founded Bellator in 2007, isn't ceding control easily.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,533

    Default

    Well, that lends a TON of credence to the Kimbo rumor.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Well, that lends a TON of credence to the Kimbo rumor.
    Kimbo is going to get KO'd, but somehow get an immediate title shot right afterwards. He'll win that title in a controversial finish, then refuse to defend it by saying he's too hurt to fight. He'll then fight 3 times in a month in Japan [with a suspicious gain of muscle mass attributed to eating only bull meat] and then Coker will sign Fedor for 1 zillion dollars a round.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,533

    Default

    Do they break the bank by bringing Diaz back and putting him against Lima?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    821

    Default

    There's no one else out there besides Scott Coker? The guy wasn't bad, but Strikeforce did get bought instead of flourishing...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,616

    Default

    This is funny, maybe they can get Gary Shaw to come by to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    LOL what a stupid move Coker is even dumber than Rebney. The best MMA executive currently not heading an organization is Reed Harris however he might be still employed by Zuffa.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,432

    Default

    Viacom is the one calling the shots. They could literally put a puppet in the CEO chair instead of figuratively hiring one, and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    LOL what a stupid move Coker is even dumber than Rebney. .
    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    There's no one else out there besides Scott Coker? The guy wasn't bad, but Strikeforce did get bought instead of flourishing...
    Bought out because they were unsuccessful or because they became competition ?
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Bought out because they were unsuccessful or because they became competition ?
    True, but they got bought out in the end. Rather than continuing to compete and overcome their competition. While getting $$$ for the company it's not a complete failure, but far from success as becoming premiere league/promotion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •