+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Scott Coker expected to replace Bjorn Rebney as Bellator CEO

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I just read Bellator is scrapping the tournament formula. The one unique and cool thing they had left going for them. This is gonna be a hot mess.

^ when they came out with the new previous tournament winners dont have to fight in the tourny nonsense i assumed they were pretty much done with it all together.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

They cut their throats.

I wonder what will become of Bellator now. Viacom is worth billions so the money is not an issue. I'm interested to see how this unfolds in the future.

Long as it's free on Spike i'll watch

I bet Coker does big things with Bellator.

Or attempts big things before the UFC counters their every move and Viacom finally gives up.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I bet Coker does big things with Bellator.

Or attempts big things before the UFC counters their every move and Viacom finally gives up.
    I would rep every one of your posts in this thread if I could.

I've been pulling for Bellator from the beginning, as the MMA industry (especially fighters) would benefit from increased competition. I think the org had peaked under Bjorn's leadership, and the decision to hire Coker will be pivotal in determining whether (1) Bellator ultimately becomes a viable, PPV-revenue-generating promotion or (2) bleeds a slow death and is aquired by Zuffa. But this move stirs the pot and I'm highly anticipating the new dynamic, with Coker looking to align the Bellator product even further into direct competition with the UFC. His experience combined with Viacom's bankroll and ambition could be exactly what MMA needs to shake things up, at least in the short term.

This week's Observer has all of the latest information on Bellator.

As much as it pains me to say this.....R.I.P Bellator. If they would have just stuck with their format...But they started making small compromises here and there, eventually it all led to this. Viacom has decided it wants to copy the UFC. These fools haven't learned from the past idiots who flew too close to the sun, that you can NOT copy the UFC. It took years and near total failure for the UFC to get to where it is. These past there prime fighters with "names" are not going to make the organization successful. It's the diamonds in the rough that shine brightest when they are put through the tourneys and come out as real world class fighters. I am so embarrassed for this organization today, all of their potential pissed away. Who knows? Maybe another org will pick up this idea and do it right someday....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Do they break the bank by bringing Diaz back and putting him against Lima?
    Douglas Lima DESTROYS Nick.

Could be a fun fight tho...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information