Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Report: Scott Coker expected to replace Bjorn Rebney as Bellator CEO

Damn.. wrong Lima. I was all excited that the WW division was gonna get shook up upon Douglas' arrival
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Reminds me of...

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

3. 06-26-2014, 10:01 AM

New Bellator President Scott Coker pens open letter to fans, aims to make every event 'BIG and special'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/26/58...ig-special-mma
    Check out what he had to say in his open letter to fans, which was posted at Bellator.com:

Dear Bellator Nation,

I wanted to take a moment and tell you all how excited I am to be a part of the Bellator family. I've been working closely with the incredible team here along with our partners at Spike to see how we are going to bring this great company to new heights.

My first order of business is to take a look at the Bellator roster and determine all the exciting possibilities that are in store for the future. Our goal is to make every Bellator event feel BIG and special which is a huge win for fighters, advertisers, and of course- and most importantly -- you, the fans. I've been on the phone with dozens of fighters and to hear the excitement in their voices has been incredibly encouraging.

I know there are so many questions about what changes may be in store for Bellator. While we are still very early in the process of executing on our long term vision, the plan is simple. We want to put on the most entertaining events possible for YOU. We want Bellator to be a first-choice destination for the best fighters in the world and we want our events to showcase the fun side of the sport -- the personality and showmanship that makes MMA so entertaining. This is the best sport in the world and we want our events to demonstrate that for all to see.

We've got a ton of work to do, and July 25th is right around the corner. We'll have more updates in the coming weeks, and I can't wait to see all of you on Spike TV and at Pechanga in July.

-Scott Coker
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Dana White: ‘Bellator isn’t competition for the UFC, even with Coker at the helm
    http://www.bjpenn.com/dana-white-bel...+NEWS+BLOGS%29

“I don’t think he’s going into business against us. I don’t think [Bellator’s] business is at the level that we’re at. I think he’s going in there to try to do whatever he can to keep that thing alive… (Former Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney) made this thing confrontational, and you know me, if you want to poke me, I’ll poke you back. And he’s gone, and there’s guys over at Spike that I like and respect. I did business with those guys, and I think if you asked them, they’d tell you I’m probably the best guy they’ve ever been in business with. I ate, slept and breathed Spike TV. I did everything I could to make it as successful as I could, and they’re not bad guys. They’re good guys. And Scott Coker’s not a bad guy, so I literally have nothing negative to say about him, and I don’t look at them as competing.”

Speaking with the media, UFC President Dana White discussed Bellator’s latest acquisition in former UFC exec and STRIKEFORCE boss, Scott Coker.

Translation: we will counter-program the shit out of them at every stop and it will continue to grow more and more tense until something breaks.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Douglas Lima welcomes Scott Coker, says Bellator will surpass Strikeforce
    "My next opponent will be the winner of this fight, and I think it’s going to be a good fight," Lima said. "Both fighter are knocking people out, so I expect an explosive fight between them."

"I believe the Russian is the favorite," he added. "He’s younger and has more experience, already won a tournament, so I think he has a better chance at winning. But Adam surprised a lot of people in his last fights, and I think he’s capable of winning if he takes (Koreshkov) down."

Lima is not medically cleared to train hard yet after undergoing left knee surgery in April, and he won’t rush his recovery.

"I don’t know (when I will fight) yet, but I want to be back in October," he said. "My knee is not completely healed and I won’t be back until I’m 100 percent. But I’m confident that I will be good to go by October. I’m looking forward to fight again."

Lima won’t have Bjorn Rebney inside the arena when he fights again for Bellator, as the founder and CEO of the promotion was replaced by former Strikeforce head Scott Coker.

"I was surprised," he said of Viacom’s decision to replace Rebney with Coker. "I thought it was all good between them, but maybe they decided to change because business wasn’t the way they expected.

"I have nothing bad to say about (Rebney). He treated me well and I have to thank him for everything he did to me and wish him good luck. I think (Rebney) deserves all the respect because he created a promotion and did a lot of shows, and that’s not easy."

One of the first changes Viacom and Coker implemented was "move away from the tournament structure to a more traditional format," and Lima likes the idea.

"I think (Coker) knows what he’s doing," the Brazilian said. "He’s good on what he does, so I think it’s going to be good for the promotion. As a matter of fact, I like it better without the tournaments because the champions can fight more often, we don’t have to wait that much for new opponents."

Coker had success when attempting to compete with the UFC in his final years with Strikeforce, and Bellator’s welterweight champion believes he can do it again with Bellator.

"Bellator has a lot of room to grow especially with Viacom, that doesn’t have any financial problems," he said. "I believe that Bellator will be bigger than Strikeforce was. It will be even better."

I'm excited for Coker to run Bellator actually.. He sets up some crazy fights.

Lima vs Diaz would be the business, but I would hate to see either lose.

Super fights to come, just wait.. silly sonuva bitch
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information