Thread: Ryan Bader vs. Ovince Saint Preux headlines UFC Fight Night 47 in Maine

Default Ryan Bader vs. Ovince Saint Preux headlines UFC Fight Night 47 in Maine

Ryan Bader vs. Ovince Saint Preux headlines UFC Fight Night 47 in Maine
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/06/ryan-ba...ht-47-in-maine
    Augustís UFC debut in Maine now has a main event, and itíll feature two recent winners from UFC 174.

Main-card victors and rising light-heavyweight contenders Ryan Bader (17-4 MMA, 10-4 UFC) and Ovince Saint Preux (16-5 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will meet in the eventís headliner. UFC officials confirmed the bout via bangordailynews.com.

UFC Fight Night 47 takes place Aug. 16 at Cross Insurance Center in Bangor. The bulk of the card is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following a few prelims on UFC Fight Pass.

Bader is currently ranked No. 9 and Saint Preux is No. 15 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA light heavyweight rankings.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

To steal a phrase, "That'll put asses in the seats"....

I'm looking forward to this fight. OSP could find himself a fight away from a title shot with a win against Bader.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Osp has a long way to go before he is title fight ready. I think his TDD is good enough to keep it standing, but his work off the cage needs refinement.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Osp has a long way to go before he is title fight ready. I think his TDD is good enough to keep it standing, but his work off the cage needs refinement.
    I agree, but getting a title shot and being ready for a title shot are two different things in Zuffaland. After Goose and Cormier, the LHW division is starved for contenders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rumble/OSP for a #1 contenders fight early next year.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I agree, but getting a title shot and being ready for a title shot are two different things in Zuffaland. After Goose and Cormier, the LHW division is starved for contenders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rumble/OSP for a #1 contenders fight early next year.
    This is the same OSP that Mousasi (a small LHW, natural MW) was taking down over and over, and shutting out for 3 rounds right?

Bader's striking looked great in his last fight and he still has those strong takedowns. I think Bader will muscle up on OSP and come in with a solid gameplan to take the win.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    This is the same OSP that Mousasi (a small LHW, natural MW) was taking down over and over, and shutting out for 3 rounds right?

Bader's striking looked great in his last fight and he still has those strong takedowns. I think Bader will muscle up on OSP and come in with a solid gameplan to take the win.
    Yup, that very fight that was three years ago. Lots changed since then.

This should be a good fight. I think OVP has it.

Thread Information