Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Barnett calls for fight against Junior dos Santos

Be careful what you wish for, Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'd rather see Barnett/AO or Barnett/Arlovski at this point...but it's not a terrible matchup.

rh
    Barnett is coming off a loss, while both guys mentioned are coming of wins.

I have Josh beating both guys, and I think there are more names that could be interesting.

Possible choices as Gonzaga, Rothwell, Struve/Mitrione winner, Bigfoot.

3. Default

Josh's career is nearing the end this is nothing more than keeping his name revelent and posibly getting a hi dollar fight with someone else

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post

I have Josh beating both guys, and I think there are more names that could be interesting.

Possible choices as Gonzaga, Rothwell, Struve/Mitrione winner, Bigfoot.
    Well, JDS is 1-2 in his last three with only a win over Hunt and coming off a loss.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    He's still ranked ahead of both of them, and lost to a guy who just beat AO. For that matter, Barnett KO'd Mir, while AO took him to a decision.

I think the fights you'd mentioned are interesting, but--other than the currently-suspended Bigfoot--I don't think the ranking or name recognition of any of them would interest Barnett. He's shooting for the moon with JDS, I think he'd balk at fighting someone like Rothwell. But a win over AO could move him closer to the top of the mix.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Call it brave or call it stupid, but Josh has balls!
    Yeah he does, but they're very tiny from years of steroid usage.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    He's still ranked ahead of both of them, and lost to a guy who just beat AO. For that matter, Barnett KO'd Mir, while AO took him to a decision.

I think the fights you'd mentioned are interesting, but--other than the currently-suspended Bigfoot--I don't think the ranking or name recognition of any of them would interest Barnett. He's shooting for the moon with JDS, I think he'd balk at fighting someone like Rothwell. But a win over AO could move him closer to the top of the mix.

rh
    Looking at the big picture, after the Cain-Werdum fight, which I have Cain winning...who is the next guy being positioned for a title shot?

My problem with Barnett fighting JDS is that he may lose that fight. It brings him back further down, but doesn't really push JDS closer to a title shot. Josh's climb up to title contention gets derailed again.

He can fight AO, but he would still need another solid win after that against someone ranked higher than AO (JDS, Browne, Bigfoot, Hunt) to get a title shot. Being that Dana isn't the biggest Josh Barnett fan, I think he may make Josh fight 2 of those top 5 guys after AO to get that title shot.

JDS shouldn't be fighting guys that could be contenders and knocking them off. He isn't getting that title shot for a while. His best move would be to fight lower ranked guys to keep busy and working on new technique, while waiting (and praying) Cain loses his title.

But as you said, I don't mind either if Josh had to fight AA, AO, followed by Bigfoot to receive that title shot.

Reason dictates thst Cigano will win, but im rooting for Barnet.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

9. Default

I would like to see this matchup for sure.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I would like to see this matchup for sure.
    NICE!!! Sak with some of that Iko Uwais shit!!!

The Raid...sick movie!

Thread Information