Thread: Louis Gaudinot says 'Goodnight' to win over Phil Harris after flunking UFC drug test

Default Louis Gaudinot says 'Goodnight' to win over Phil Harris after flunking UFC drug test

Louis Gaudinot says 'Goodnight' to win over Phil Harris after flunking UFC drug test
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/20/58...t-diuretic-mma
    Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight Louis Gaudinot tested positive for the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide following the "Gustafsson vs. Manuwa" Fight Pass mixed martial arts (MMA) event, which took place back on March 8, 2014, inside the O2 Arena in London, England.

His win over Phil Harris has since been changed to a no contest.

In addition, Gaudinot has been suspended for six months (retroactive), according to Sherdog.com, but will not incur any financial penalties for the infraction. Harris, meanwhile, has already been booked for his next fight, a flyweight scrap opposite Neil Seery next month in Dublin, Ireland.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Took a really long time for this to be announced.

Nothing like a little slap on the wrist for using banned items I'm sure that will teach him not to do it again.

That medication is ridiculously common, I see it with probably at least half of the patients I see in my job. It's one that has to build up a threshold or build up to a threshold level to be effective but I never ever would have thought someone would try this med lol
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    That medication is ridiculously common, I see it with probably at least half of the patients I see in my job. It's one that has to build up a threshold or build up to a threshold level to be effective but I never ever would have thought someone would try this med lol
    Hmm isnt that stuff for blood pressure/blood thinner or something close to a waterpill? My Dad is prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide.. So I'm curious

EDIT: Just asked my Pop about what it is and what it's for, his response: "Oh hell son they got me on so many damn medications, I think it's my water pill" I then explained to him why I was curious and told him about them overturning a fight decision and suspending a fighter for it.. He looked at me all crazy and said "why?"

and
    I'm not sure I understand how/why this is PED/Suspension worthy??
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 06-21-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I'm not sure I understand how/why this is PED/Suspension worthy??
    From wikipedia sounds like it gets used as a masking agent for other ped use:

Hydrochlorothiazide was detected in the urine of the Russian cyclist Alexandr Kolobnev during the 2011 Tour de France.[11] Kolobnev was the only cyclist to leave the 2011 race in connection with adverse findings at a doping control.[12] While hydrochlorothiazide is not itself a performance-enhancing drug, it may be used to mask the use of performance-enhancing drugs, and is classed by the World Anti-Doping Agency as a "specified substance". Kolobnev was subsequently cleared of all charges of intentional doping.

There is also this as well:

Why diuretics are banned in sport

Diuretics, the drugs responsible for Australian cricketer Shane Warne's positive dope test, are used to eliminate fluid from the body.

Warne tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride, diuretics prescribed to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, diseases of the kidneys and liver and pre-menstrual tension.

They are included on the banned drugs list because they can be misused to lose weight quickly in sports which have weight categories or to increase the rate that urine is produced and eliminated.

Diluting urine makes it more difficult to detect the presence of a prohibited performance-enhancing drug.

The side-effects include dehydration which can lead to fatal kidney and heart failure.

Thread Information