Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnett vs. Lister booked for Metamoris 4

Default Barnett vs. Lister booked for Metamoris 4

Barnett vs. Lister booked for Metamoris 4
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...r-Metamoris-4/
    Josh Barnett said in a recent interview he would like his next UFC fight to be against Junior Dos Santos, but before that he will test himself in a professional jiu-jitsu match against Dean Lister at Metamoris 4:

Josh Barnett is returning to action in August, however, he won't be competing in MMA.

Barnett has agreed to meet Dean Lister at Metamoris 4 on Aug. 9 in Los Angeles, Barnett's manager Leland Lebarre confirmed with MMAFighting.com. Metamoris is expected to officially announce the event, as well as several matches, on Monday. BJEE.com reported the news earlier this week.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

For those of you who aren't grappling geeks, this is a HUGE booking. Lister is going to have to force those scrambles to keep from being smothered.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Lister all the way!
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Anyone know where to find a stream for Metamoris?

you probably dont want to go this route as it's $30 to stream online live from them but: http://metamoris.com/live-stream

I'll know if I can get one the day of (August 9th) I'll let you know
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    you probably dont want to go this route as it's $30 to stream online live from them but: http://metamoris.com/live-stream

I'll know if I can get one the day of (August 9th) I'll let you know
    Ah shit, for some reason, I thought it was on tonight.

Naw, it's next saturday. I'm definitely gonna try to watch tho if I can.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

NSAC attempts to block Chael Sonnen from competing at Metamoris 4, threatens $250k fine
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/4/596...s-250-fine-ufc
    Jeremy Botter with the latest:

"NSAC director Bennett did not want to discuss Sonnen story this morning at their office due to ongoing circumstances. Multiple sources confirm NAC has threatened to fine Sonnen $250,000 per failed drug test violation if he competes at Metamoris. Sonnen camp's contention is that grappling is not fighting and suspension shouldn't cover it. Sonnen has hired Vegas lawyer Ross Goodman to represent him in the case."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    NSAC attempts to block Chael Sonnen from competing at Metamoris 4, threatens $250k fine
    I'm still amazed that Metamoris wants to attach Sonnen to their brand name after all the stuff he's done of late. I'm just not seeing Sonnen bring in that many buys for their event to justify what they ar paying him. Pretty limited audience that I don't think Chael expands on at all.

Thread Information