+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White: Velasquez is next GSP-level star

I think Cain has the best chance because he is by far the most likely to go on GSP/Silva title run. Pettis, if he can defend the belt a few times, has the most potential as a PPV IMO.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why do you guys feel Cain is unable to appeal to fans?

I am a big fan but I dont speak for everyone.

I also dont get the hate for the Brown Pride tattoo but we have all been through this before. Cain is expressing his pride in his culture, heritage & his families hard work and accomplishments. Bad choice of words or way of expressing it, possibly but it is not a racist statement or stance, in my opinion.
    I wouldn't like his tattoo if he was 100% mexican but it' looks really stupid considering he is only a quarter mexican
    Last edited by kalebarker; 06-21-2014 at 09:10 AM.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I think Cain has the best chance because he is by far the most likely to go on GSP/Silva title run. Pettis, if he can defend the belt a few times, has the most potential as a PPV IMO.
    I say Weidman if he can get through Machida/Vitor. He is likable, and certainly already has the reputation. He is also the most well rounded champ they got, in my opinion.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I say Weidman if he can get through Machida/Vitor. He is likable, and certainly already has the reputation. He is also the most well rounded champ they got, in my opinion.
    I can defintetely see how you would think that. Dethroning Silva was huge for Weidman. I think he has q better chance of being w longterm champ than Pettis as well. I don't think anyone is as exciting as Pettis is in the cage which gives him a huge edge imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I can defintetely see how you would think that. Dethroning Silva was huge for Weidman. I think he has q better chance of being w longterm champ than Pettis as well. I don't think anyone is as exciting as Pettis is in the cage which gives him a huge edge imo.
    Pettis is the most exciting champion. I won't argue that.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

6. Default

If Weidman can get 4 states behind him that can be bigger than Mexico

All GSP needs to obtain Velasquez level stardom is a White Pride tattoo.

Dana White says so much, and most of it is usually wrong. But you never know... even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I dont think Cain will ever be a big star like GSP. He has the personality of a fish.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I also dont get the hate for the Brown Pride tattoo but we have all been through this before. Cain is expressing his pride in his culture, heritage & his families hard work and accomplishments. Bad choice of words or way of expressing it, possibly but it is not a racist statement or stance, in my opinion.
    The fact that there is potential to interpret it as racist leaves a door open that is a potential PR nightmare. Whether Cain is affiliated with either of the gangs that also use it doesn't matter, the fact that it's a grey area can be a problem.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information