Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: "If Jon Jones pushed a ref, would Dana have kicked him out?" Says John Mcarthy

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    no but he has no problems jamming his fingers into peoples eyes or attempting to hyper extend someones knee caps. I guess thats ok because we can work around that stuff with excuses. Jason High, now that guy doesnt deserve to feed his family
    Attempting to hyper extend a knee is within the rules, why would he have a problem with that?
    You have to know what you don't know.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,253

    Default

    Let's be clear, there's a huge disparity between the performances of a Jason High and a Jon Jones. Anyone who has actually managed human beings understands that lots of people whine for across-the-board consistency and it's simply not possible nor is it practical when there is no such thing as across-the-board performance.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,088

    Default

    It's hilarious how every MMA matter seems to find a way to interject Jones name into the mix
    LJS-NEMS

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    no but he has no problems jamming his fingers into peoples eyes or attempting to hyper extend someones knee caps. I guess thats ok because we can work around that stuff with excuses. Jason High, now that guy doesnt deserve to feed his family
    That's another fighter you agrees to get into a combat situation with another equally dangerous person, A ref isn't there for the same reason, when they are put in danger something has to happen, look at Ivel, he got the ban hammer for YEARS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    If you are a champion or big draw, they will never fire you no matter what you say or do.
    However if you are a "small fighter", then they will fire you if you say or do anything slightly bad. Then they will pretend that they did so because they respect everything and everybody and will not tolerate fighters who do not do that.

    We all know how hypocrite is the UFC. Dana White can tell a reporter that she is a cunt a nothing happens.
    Ronda Rousey can say that Cyborg is a male and nothing happens.

    But a "small fighter" makes some joke that is politically incorrect and they immediately fire him.
    He also called Tomas Rios a faggot and suspended Mitrione for calling Fallon Fox a freak but does nothing to Cyborg. He also cut Miguel Torres for quoting a rape joke from Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia which airs on the same channel as UFC prelims and cards meanwhile Forrest makes a rape joke and Rashad makes a joke about raping children and they do not even get reprimanded.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 06-23-2014 at 09:25 AM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Better question; would jon jones ever be dumb enough to put his hands on an official. Or any champion in the UFC for that matter?

    Answer: NO.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    That's another fighter you agrees to get into a combat situation with another equally dangerous person, A ref isn't there for the same reason, when they are put in danger something has to happen, look at Ivel, he got the ban hammer for YEARS!
    Gilbert Ivel situation was very much justified.

    I seen that fight. I believe it took place in Finland, against a Finnish crowd, a Finnish fighter, and a Finnish ref. Anytime Gilbert was amounting any offense, the ref stopped his momentum. Any time Gilbert had him in the clinch, the ref broke it up. It was very biased reffing and Ivel just had enough and clocked him.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Better question; would jon jones ever be dumb enough to put his hands on an official. Or any champion in the UFC for that matter?

    Answer: NO.
    That's not really a better question at all considering it was a hypothetical situation based on star power and nothing to do with him personally.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    Getting suspended I think was good enough and a fine by the ufc. Firing him I think should've came if he did it again.

    Of course Dana wouldn't fire Jones or any champ for that matter.

    Thanks for the shout out kid

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Gilbert Ivel situation was very much justified.

    I seen that fight. I believe it took place in Finland, against a Finnish crowd, a Finnish fighter, and a Finnish ref. Anytime Gilbert was amounting any offense, the ref stopped his momentum. Any time Gilbert had him in the clinch, the ref broke it up. It was very biased reffing and Ivel just had enough and clocked him.
    Wow......

    You can somehow justify hitting a non-combatant in the face when his hands are down and then kicking him when he's down? Not to mention he was what, 160 lbs and Yvel is easily 235?

    Sorry, that shit doesn't fly with me regardless of what BS excuse is made. If Yvel had that much of an issue with it, he should have walked out. This is the guy who eye-gouges, groin kick/punches, and bites as well.

    His ass should have been incarcerated for that. PERIOD.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •