Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Longo: Weidman will crush weak chinned Machida

Default Longo: Weidman will crush weak chinned Machida

Longo: Weidman will crush weak chinned Machida
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...inned-Machida/
    Longo recently spoke to 'The MMA Hour' about Weidman's next fight with Lyoto Machida and like his previous bouts, is supremely confident in his fighter:

"I got total confidence in Chris no matter who you put in front of him. I think it's pretty obvious Belfort is more aggressive. Machida is more laid back and tries to counter punch, but he'll adjust to either guy. So we planned everything around a counter fighter. He's the champion and he's going to beat everyone they put in front of him, that's the way you have to be when your champion."

"I think Weidman is going to do what he always does. He's going to get in that ring, he's going to go forward and he's going to impose his will on Machida. He is going to make Machida fight his game and he is going to probably just end up crushing the guy. Crushing means there is a good chance he'll dump him on his head and does what he wants with him."

"I think he's got a real weak chin. That's his weakest hole. Weidman hits that guy, he'll hurt him bad. That's why he likes to control the pace of the fight. I don't think he likes to be pushed."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I honestly do not think Weidman will crush Machida, one does not simply crush Machida. If Machida can maintain his distance and make Weidman attempt to rush in I truly do believe Machida's speed and accuracy will shock Weidman.
    This should be a good fight next week but I do not see Machida being crushed.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    I honestly do not think Weidman will crush Machida, one does not simply crush Machida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Just when I'm really warming up to Weidman Longo opens his big ass mouth and reminds me that the Serra family is always looming in the background.

On topic, they said Weidman was going to keep coming forward and force Machida to fight his fight. I'm not so sure that's somehow forcing Machida into fighting your fight if you know what I mean.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Just when I'm really warming up to Weidman Longo opens his big ass mouth and reminds me that the Serra family is always looming in the background.
    Exactly.

On topic, they said Weidman was going to keep coming forward and force Machida to fight his fight. I'm not so sure that's somehow forcing Machida into fighting your fight if you know what I mean.
    I can't help but think that's smoke and mirrors. If they figured out Anderson--twice--they can't just sleep on Machida, right?

too obvious?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

God I would hope not.

Like I said, I like Weidman and his skillset is fantastic. That being said, he doesn't have the footwork to come forward and try to pressure Machida. Machida isn't Anderson and won't stand on a dime and shoulder roll/bob/weave while you try to hit him. He'll dip out and then kick the shit out of your guts.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Lyoto isn't the guy he was in 2009 when he held gold. he isnt even the guy he was when he had seemingly stumped JJ in the first round. I don't think Weidman is going to sleep on anyone. i think he is questioned so much and people don't believe he is as good as he is that i think CW believes he still has to prove himself over and over. He's got the belt and he's still hungry now to get some respect. Lyoto is one of the best guys ever to counter his way through guys. I think he loses this because CW is too strong and too quick. LM is a warrior and a HOF'er but a little past his prime to be fighting a guy like CW.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

I think Weidman takes a knee to the midsection and goes down, Machida was a beast at LHW and at MW he looks amazing. This fight is going to be great and I really hope the Dragon takes the gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I should have added the caveat , besides Shogun slaying the Dragon.

On topic, though Machida isn't the guy he was when he won gold from my guy Evans I do believe he is better. He looks like he is training harder and seems to be in much better shape at MW than he did at LHW. For some reason Machida always looked soft to me at LHW. I personally would love to see Rashad go to MW because I think he could wreck shop at MW.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    I honestly do not think Weidman will crush Machida, one does not simply crush Machida.
    dont forget this...

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Thread Information