Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Longo: Weidman will crush weak chinned Machida

Betting on Machida! Phil Davis is a beast of a wrestler and could not keep machida down. No way CW is going to do it. And Machida is so much more crafty on the feet than Chris. Machida outpoints Chris every round !

Quote Originally Posted by mr. Cornute View Post
    i honestly do not think weidman will crush machida, three does not simply crush machida. If machida can maintain his distance and make weidman attempt to rush in i truly do believe machida's speed and accuracy will shock weidman.
    This should be a good fight next week but i do not see machida being crushed.
    fixed
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I don't buy this one bit. I'm calling gamesmanship on this one.

If by "crush" he means "chase around and eat counters", I agree.

I'm still not sold on Wideman, no idea why. Yea he did beat one of the best in Anderson. Yea he's the champ. Yea he's undefeated. But who has he beat of note besides Silva? Munoz (fringe top 10), Maia (WW now), and a bunch of other guys who are probably in the 20+ range (Lawler, Bongfeldt, Sakara ...?).

Maybe I'm not sold on him because I haven't seen that many of his fights (like I've seen them, I just don't remember because of how infrequently he fights (2x in 2013, 2x in 2012, 3x in 2011 and 0x in 2014). Or that he's been pro for so short of a time (2009+).

I dunno, I'm just not really buying into this hype train until he fights some of the top guys at MW, and can defend the belt a few times. Nothing against him, I do like him as a fighter, it's just he is being proclaimed as the best and etc, when all he's really beat is Silva (although he does get a lot of credit for that, but maybe silva is just too old for this sport now).

As for the fight with Machida. I see it going one of 2 ways. Wideman gets ahold of him, grapples, wrestlefucks and tires him out, and gets the finish. Or he falls into Machidas game, and will be hit with counter shots for 25 minutes, which will result in a controversial split decision for either guy and then an automatic rematch and blah blah blah same old shit.

I like this matchup. I think Weidman has to not only come in with a great gameplan in order to defeat Machida, but he'll have to execute it to near perfection. His trainer(s) can say what they want, but Weidman is fully aware that Machida is an incredible challenge for him.

I think Machida's style affords him a greater ability to take advantage of any holes Weidman could potentially have that night in the stand up department. It'll be the reason he wins, as long as he keeps his defense sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic
    Nothing against him, I do like him as a fighter, it's just he is being proclaimed as the best and etc, when all he's really beat is Silva (although he does get a lot of credit for that, but maybe silva is just too old for this sport now).
    Pretty sure Silva can still beat anyone at MW right now not named Chris Weidman or Chael Sonnen with relative ease.

Quote Originally Posted by calpat1985 View Post
    Betting on Machida! Phil Davis is a beast of a wrestler and could not keep machida down. No way CW is going to do it. And Machida is so much more crafty on the feet than Chris. Machida outpoints Chris every round !
    all MMA math aside, Weidman is a much better submission grappler than Davis.

I'm not saying Weidman is a lock, by any means. But the comparison to Davis doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    If by "crush" he means "chase around and eat counters", I agree.

I'm still not sold on Wideman, no idea why. Yea he did beat one of the best in Anderson. Yea he's the champ. Yea he's undefeated. But who has he beat of note besides Silva?
    yeah, because beating Silva twice is sooooooo easy, it's, totally like everybody was doing it and he just hopped on the bandwagon. What a hipster that Weidman is. Weidman, not Wideman.

Munoz (fringe top 10)
    Munoz was top 5 and would have gotten a title shot when Chris pwned him.

Maia (WW now)
    Demain was top 10, hard ranking. Chris beat him on two weeks notice. And in jon jones terms, that's really like two days, because those last 12 days don't count.

and a bunch of other guys who are probably in the 20+ range (Lawler, Bongfeldt, Sakara ...?).
    ...for that matter, who has Machida beaten at MW? The same Munoz you just pissed on, but with less momentum behind him, and a ring rusted Mousasi.

See what I did there? That kind of bullshit works both ways.

Maybe I'm not sold on him because I haven't seen that many of his fights (like I've seen them, I just don't remember because of how infrequently he fights (2x in 2013, 2x in 2012, 3x in 2011 and 0x in 2014). Or that he's been pro for so short of a time (2009+).
    Seriously? He fought twice in 2013 because he literally had to wait for Anderson to stop ducking him. Then in 2014, he was scheduled to fight Belfort--and was willing to do it with bad knes--but when that fight shat the bed he elected to have surgery on a new injury.

If you're going to hate on the guy, just hate on him. But don't try to justify it with bullshit.

I dunno, I'm just not really buying into this hype train until he fights some of the top guys at MW, and can defend the belt a few times. Nothing against him, I do like him as a fighter, it's just he is being proclaimed as the best and etc, when all he's really beat is Silva (although he does get a lot of credit for that, but maybe silva is just too old for this sport now).
    just...no.

As for the fight with Machida. I see it going one of 2 ways. Wideman gets ahold of him, grapples, wrestlefucks and tires him out, and gets the finish. Or he falls into Machidas game, and will be hit with counter shots for 25 minutes, which will result in a controversial split decision for either guy and then an automatic rematch and blah blah blah same old shit.
    Either outcome sounds pretty great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Pretty sure Silva can still beat anyone at MW right now not named Chris Weidman or Chael Sonnen with relative ease.
    ...aside from the fact that sonnen can't fight without juice, there is nothing about the last bout that didn't seem like the very definition of relative ease.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

i guess ive been a fan of Weidman from the word "GO" and i feel he can beat anyone in the MW division so i cant really comment w/o bias... i think hes going to crush Machida even though he is REALLY fast at MW but Shogun kind of destroyed him during the finish in the last 15 seconds and Weidman can do the same if not worse..

Weve seen hes got hands on the feet and probably has some nasty GnP so its all about the striking percentage of Machida touching him vs Chris touching Machida and i feel Weidman has the power advantage...

It will come down to the striking percentage and takedown advantage so well just have to see... although id probably bet a lot on Weidman in this fight

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead
    ...aside from the fact that sonnen can't fight without juice, there is nothing about the last bout that didn't seem like the very definition of relative ease.
    Really? I just watched it again to confirm what I remembered, and yep, Chael takes him down within the first 5 seconds, keeps him down the entire round, lands numerous punches, elbows, and knees, and then achieves full mount with about a minute left. All Anderson had for him that first round was holding on for dear life.

Round 2, Chael lands knees to Anderson's face and goes for the takedown, but Anderson blatantly holds onto the trunks opposite the ref's side (cheating). Anderson then does a really good job of avoiding a second takedown attempt, Chael attempts a stupid spinning backfist, trips to the mat, and Anderson lands a crushing knee that rises to the face (technically illegal). Did Anderson win? Yes. Did he do it with ease? Heck no, he was the fast path to another beatdown like the first fight.

Watch for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJDsHMO2GTw

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    and Anderson lands a crushing knee that rises to the face (technically illegal).
    i was with you all the way till this point. Thats was a 100% clean knee / perfectly placed knee.

Thread Information