Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rousey: I can beat any woman on Earth in BJJ, gi or no-gi

Default Rousey: I can beat any woman on Earth in BJJ, gi or no-gi

Rousey: I can beat any woman on Earth in BJJ, gi or no-gi
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...J-gi-or-no-gi/
    Rousey of course "don't give a damn about her bad reputation." Davis is simply, well, nice.

Like a honey badger, Rousey don't care, as she explained recently on FOX Sports' The Great MMA Debate with Damon Martin.

"It doesn't change anything for me because I'm not an emotional fighter," said Rousey as translated by David St. Martin for MMAFighting. "I have zero emotion when I go in there and fight. It could be my best friend in the world or it could be my worst enemy. I would fight them the same. I would fight Miesha Tate and Shayna Baszler in exactly the same way. I love Shayna and I can't stand Miesha but emotions have nothing to do with the way I fight. Fighting is absent of emotion for me."

However, what Davis lacks in trash talk, she makes up for in Jiu-Jitsu. Davis holds a black belt under Cesar Gracie, the first BJJ black belt Rousey has fought, creating a compelling BJJ vs. Judo angle.

"It's definitely an interesting new challenge," said Rousey. "One thing that I couldn't stand when I was just watching MMA and coming from Judo was all these people talking about how the Jiu Jitsu people would beat any Judo player. It was such a stereotype that I thought, and still think, that I could beat any girl in the world, any weight division, gi or no-gi, black belt and in any ruleset they want, in just pure Jiu Jitsu.

"I really feel like the Judokas that do excel in Newaza, which is our term for groundwork, have never really gotten enough respect. This fight against Alexis, who is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt and the kind of person I've heard my whole life should be the type to tap me out no problem, would be nice to prove a point against her. Then again, I always have people saying that my striking is terrible and she's a well-noted Muay Thai fighter so any way that I can beat her I think would prove a good point."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

God I hope she says that to Gabrielle Garcia.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Hahahaha no....
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Granted, only a small, yet very vocal, minority of people who watch the sport give a shit Ronda.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Rhonda is a skilled enough judokate that I'd be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Judo and Ju Jitsu share common roots and share a lot of the same techniques, so what she's saying really isn't that big of a stretch.
    "Iím the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you donít is better yet. Iím the womenís pick, Iím the menís regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

...I don't like Ronda.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by lordpyro View Post
    Rhonda is a skilled enough judokate that I'd be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Judo and Ju Jitsu share common roots and share a lot of the same techniques, so what she's saying really isn't that big of a stretch.
    Yes it is.

Boxing and kickboxing share common roots and utilize many of the same techniques. Do you think Klitzschko would beat Badr Hari in a kickboxing match?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Yes it is.

Boxing and kickboxing share common roots and utilize many of the same techniques. Do you think Klitzschko would beat Badr Hari in a kickboxing match?
    Yes I would lol

In a kickboxing rules match?

Wow.....wanna buy a bridge?

Thread Information