Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rousey: I can beat any woman on Earth in BJJ, gi or no-gi

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Well, she has popped hot.....BUT, Ronda said ANY WOMAN on Earth gi or no gi.
    I'm sure she ment clean but what can ya do eh lol

even without the juice the size diff prob be to much anyways.

Pissed hot?

That chick pissed nuclear
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

They are not the same thing. They are both derivatives of jiu-jitsu. You have essentially said that greco-roman and folk style are one in the same and they are both very different as well.

You are incorrect.
    Shinnosuke Kano was the founder of Judo/Jiu Jitsu. Jiu Jitsu is the romanization of Jujutsu. Kano utimately decided that Jiu jitsu didn't describe his style and switched to Jiudo. In 1925 the Japanese government declared that the art would be called Judo to differentiate it from Jujutsu.

When Maeda (who was a disciple of Kano), left japan to demonstrate Kano's Jiu Jitsu around the world, it was still commonly referred to as Kano Jiu Jitsu.

Carlos Gracie learned Judo from Maeda, and then taught it to his brothers as Jiu Jitsu.

Helios Gracie further refined their style, removing the emphasis on throws and putting more emphasis on the groundwork.
    Last edited by lordpyro; 06-25-2014 at 09:36 AM.
    "Iím the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you donít is better yet. Iím the womenís pick, Iím the menís regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

I know the history of the styles. You stated they are the same thing and they are not.

They are derivatives of jujutsu and differ greatly while sharing similar roots. Precisely as I stated above in contrasting Greco-Roman and folkstyle.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I know the history of the styles. You stated they are the same thing and they are not.

They are derivatives of jujutsu and differ greatly while sharing similar roots. Precisely as I stated above in contrasting Greco-Roman and folkstyle.
    I disagree. Jiu Jitsu is a derivative of Judo, not Jujutsu, because of the lineage.

While they aren't exactly the same thing, Jiu Jitsu doesn't add any techniques, it just changes the specialization. It's like the difference between the two styles of Jiu Jitsu, they contain the same techniques, but one places more emphasis on foot/leg locks.
    "Iím the man of the hour, too sweet to be sour. What you see is what you get and what you donít is better yet. Iím the womenís pick, Iím the menís regret and if you pick against Chael Sonnen you made a bad bet." - Chael Sonnen

"The only thing I'd bet against Chael Sonnen about is whether or not he's clean." - LoRd pYrO

Let me get my razor ready, and jump in on this hair-splitting action
    LJS-NEMS

She popped hot for taking a fertility drug. And the USADA ruled she didn't take the fertility drugs to gain a competitive advantage.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/27...of-2013-worlds

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    so why read the thread?
    I didn't read it I just opened it to post that hahaha.

Yes it is.

Boxing and kickboxing share common roots and utilize many of the same techniques. Do you think Klitzschko would beat Badr Hari in a kickboxing match?
    Not commonly known but both Klitzschko's roots are kickboxing, not boxing. They were both very well in the amateur circuits prior to transitioning into boxing. I don't know if this helps or changes an opinion but they aren't complete novice's.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

[CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

Thread Information