Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FALSE: Dan Henderson returns to middleweight, targets end-of-year fight

Default FALSE: Dan Henderson returns to middleweight, targets end-of-year fight

Dan Henderson returns to middleweight, targets end-of-year fight
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/24...of-year-return

Dan Henderson will return to the middleweight division.

Following a one-sided loss to Dan Cormier at UFC 173, "Hendo" has decided to cut down to 185 pounds for his next UFC bout, Henderson’s muay thai coach Daniel Woirin told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday.

Henderson, who weighed in at 199 pounds for his light heavyweight bout with Cormier in May, won only two of his six fights since returning to the UFC as a light heavyweight in 2011. Both wins came against former champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

Henderson will be 44 years old by the time he returns to the Octagon, though his last win as a middleweight was at UFC 100, when he scored a memorable second-round knockout over Michael Bisping. In his final middleweight bout, the Team Quest veteran lost to Jake Shields for the Strikeforce middleweight championship.

According to Woirin, Henderson "would like (to fight) by the end of the year."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Henderson has a Muy Thai coach?
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I love Hendo, but even I'm surprised he has anything except a wing some bombs coach.
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    How else do you think he learned his left inside low kick that sets up his right hand!?

I always thought it was more of a gorilla stomp that sometimes bumped people as he wound up the right hand.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    How else do you think he learned his left inside low kick that sets up his right hand!?
    I thought he borrowed that book Ralph Macchio used in the first Karate Kid movie before meeting Mr. Miyagi.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Hendo is just going to be too slow for MW. One of my favorite fighters ever, but his time is just about through. He's got a few more to make some extra cash, although really is a gamble to bet on him winning against top competition.

Can't remember what fight, maybe the Machida fight, but Hendo's corner just kept calling for him to throw the overhand right as if it was a new strategy. If he has a Muay Thai coach, that's great, but someone needs to let him do some actual game planning and coaching.

Wow 199? Thats probably around Johnny Hendricks pre-cut weight.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I always thought it was more of a gorilla stomp that sometimes bumped people as he wound up the right hand.
    Gee I thought it was a nervous twitch from his TRT usage 0.0

Thread Information