+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Machida calls out GLORY middleweight champion Artem Levin, who accepts one-off fight

Default Machida calls out GLORY middleweight champion Artem Levin, who accepts one-off fight

Machida calls out GLORY middleweight champion Artem Levin, who accepts one-off fight 'if UFC allows it'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/25/58...rtem-levin-mma
    Lyoto Machida was in attendance over the weekend at GLORY: "Last Man Standing" and he was quite impressed with the performance of Artem Levin. BloodyElbow's John Joe O'Regan reported that "The Dragon" said he would be interested in fighting the Russian middleweight and as it turns out, the feeling is mutual.

There would probably be too much red tape in the way of it actually happening, since one fighter is in the biggest MMA promotion on the planet, while the other is in the biggest of kickboxing, but "The Dragon" and "The Lion" both said they would be interested in fighting one another.

Over the weekend, while Artem Levin was putting on his masterful three-fight performance at GLORY: "Last Man Standing" (results here), UFC middleweight Lyoto Machida was in attendance and was impressed at Levin defeating Alex Pereria, Filip Verlinden and Joe Schilling in one night to become GLORY middleweight champion.

Machida told BloodyElbow.com, "I'd love to fight that guy. If I could do a one-fight deal to fight with him, I definitely would. I like his style."

It would indeed be an interesting chess match between the two, as they are both tough-to-hit counter strikers that possess unique and difficult styles to prepare for and yet, are very different from one another.

The GLORY middleweight champion caught wind of Machida's interest and took to Twitter to say the feeling was mutual.

Artem Levin @ArtemLIONLevin
    If he wants to fight me, I have no problem with that and I'm ready as long as UFC allows it @lyotomachidafw @GLORY_WS @ufc @danawhite
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

MMA bout or kickboxing bout?

That is all what matters to know who would be the winner.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information