Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stone Cold on Jon Jones: 'he kind of gets on my nerves because I think he's living tw

Default Stone Cold on Jon Jones: 'he kind of gets on my nerves because I think he's living tw

Stone Cold on Jon Jones: 'he kind of gets on my nerves because I think he's living two lives'
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/1/...ed-mma-newsOne

of the more interesting topics on hand was current light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who Austin had some less than glowing feelings about. (transcription via MMAMania)

"I mean, you here a little stuff on the side, about his lifestyle. I mean, his lifestyle is a little bit different than what he preaches. But, as a fighter, premiere. And, God, in the light heavyweight division! And Gustafsson really handed him his ass and took him in the deepest water that he's ever been in. So that's going to be a hell of a rematch. Anyway, he kind of gets on my nerves because I think he's living two lives. To a degree, yes (he is a hypocrite)."
    "Yeah, (he annoys me), but in a good way. I would love to see him get his ass kicked, because it's going to take a hell of a man to be able to do that. I come from pro wrestling, I'm not a judge; but I think he (Gustafsson) did enough last time to get that victory. Some people agree, some don't, nonetheless it was a hell of a fight. And we knew Gus was on his way up to be a superstar. That match made him a superstar. But, what that match proved to me about Jon Jones was that when he's in deep waters, he had the heart of a champion. So, when I say some things about Jon Jones irritate me, I respect who and what he is inside that Octagon, make no mistake about that."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Oh god, we could start an entire thread based off of the hypocritical anecdotes many of us have heard about Jon Jones not "practicing what he preaches", word travels fast and these guys all gossip, so when you hear Jones in these interviews acting like Sister Christian, it's such a silly veneer. Even within the ZUFFA brass, you hear stories where they kinda shake their heads like, "it's only a matter of time before he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar again...."

That being said, the moment he goes "Full Mayweather", he'll be the biggest star they've ever had IMO. I wouldn't be shocked if his PPVs start topping out at 700K areas with that "big fight" feel that kinda lacks on most non-GSP/Anderson PPVs.

Steve's an ultra-cool guy, I had the chance to speak with him face to face about eight years ago and we just talked about his metal and country anthology albums he put out during the Attitude era. The guy is chill as fuck.

The opinion of a retired professional wrestler on a UFC champion should definitely not be taking up space on the main forum in my opinion. Noob jack this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The opinion of a retired professional wrestler on a UFC champion should definitely not be taking up space on the main forum in my opinion. Noob jack this shit.
    Agreed. Jones may be living two lives, but at least one of them is that of an actual fighter.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Cuz Stoned Cold said so!

Lets see how fast this can turn into a Jon Jones bashing thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Lets see how fast this can turn into a Jon Jones bashing thread...
    Probably about as fast as it takes you to incessantly and mindlessly defend him with predominantly strawman arguments

Whats funny is Stone Cold says Jon Jones is the one living the double life....i mean Steve Anderson.

unless this stone cold guy is willing to get into the cage, I could give two shits what some washed up dancer thinks. at least Jon Jones never walked to the cage knowing who would win.

Thread Information