Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Silva: 'Josh Barnett is afraid of me'

Default Antonio Silva: 'Josh Barnett is afraid of me'

Former UFC heavyweight champion Josh Barnett was recently asked to comment on what he thought of a potential fight with Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. Barnett was succinct.
    "[Expletive] him," Barnett told The MMA Hour.
    Guilherme Cruz followed up with Silva and asked for comment on Barnett saying that he wouldn't fight the Brazilian. "It was unprofessional, but it was good because he gave me another reason to train hard," Silva said.
    "I was so pumped up this morning that I went to the gym and trained even more. Thatís how I like. If he wasnít educated by his mother, Iíll teach him a lesson."
    Barnett acted as if he would be doing Silva a favor in fighting him but the giant pointed out that, on some rankings, he is ranked above the "Baby-faced Assassin." This wasn't the first time that Barnett insulted "Pezao," either.
    Back in 2011, Barnett said that the only reason Silva was a "decent" fighter was because of his life-threatening gigantism condition. Far from making his life easy, Silva's condition ultimately required brain surgery to correct.
    "Heís giving excuses because heís scared. Thatís the word. He says he wonít fight me because he doesnít want to give me name and money with this fight, but the truth is heís scared," Silva said of Barnett.
    "I think he should take a look at the rankings. Iím ranked at no. 4 and heís no. 5. The last guy that beat him (Travis Browne) got knocked out by me."
    Who would you pick in a matchup between Barnett and Silva? Let us know in the comments section.
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...204634966.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Decent matchup if you ask me...

I agree. Decent matchup... I also don't think Barnett is the scared type really... I think he's angling for bigger name, someone who moves him up further... Just my opinion.

I think you're right. He isn't scared but knows Bigfoot can knock anyone out so why not go for a bigger name for some bigger $$$. Barnett's a smart guy too so while I'd think he still thinks he can and wants to win the title, he knows he's no spring chicken and chances are he'll never get there. So again, make the $$$ and the most of it while you can.

Barnett is Big Game Hunting.. Bigfoot not on the menu at #4.

Might as well tho right? Movin' on up
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Bigfoot should make a mental note of the hamstring tear Browne suffered prior to using his victory as proof he'd beat Barnett.

This stuff from the actual interview made me laugh:

"He’s so cocky. He made fun about my disease (acromegaly) in the past," Bigfoot responded. "If you don’t want to be polite, I get it, but making fun of other’s diseases is too much. I was really upset with that. I would go for the knockout all the time. I would try to hurt him as much as possible. I want to finish him like I did to Overeem, but I’m not sure the referee will be able to hold me this time.”
    "It's funny of him to say this. Made me laugh he saying that he doesn't want to make me gain ground in any way. He has just lost for a guy who was KO'd by me and I'm one position above Barnett in the official ranking, because I'm in fourth place and he is in fifth. I laughed. To say the truth, he is a fake person. Right after my surgery to take away a tumor of my acromegaly, he mocked of my disease. One day I was with my wife at a Fan Expo and he stared at me because I was with my family. He has never looked into my eyes, only in this day. He wants to be the good guy, the funny one. We are professionals, for me he is a good fighter, on of the five best of the division but he disrespected me in his last interview. If his mother hasn't teached him politeness, I'll (will)."
    Actually, this is what Barnett said about him:

"You could almost say that I'm sure he's had his issues growing up with a thing like gigantism, and all the difficulty that's come from that. But gigantism is what actually allows him to be a decent fighter, because he doesn't do anything particularly awesome, but he's just massive," said Barnett. "But all of his fights come down to him getting the takedown. Those are the ones he wins, and against Cormier I don't think that's going to happen."
    I guess Silva has to come up with some sort of grudge in order to become motivated.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 06-27-2014 at 12:26 PM.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

When has Josh Barnett done anything to make anyone think that he is afraid of anyone? For fuck sake, the guy just called out JDS. If this fight happens, Josh takes it with a rd 1 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wait... what?

Barnett scared of Bigfoot? What a joke.

Barnett is scared of no man or bigfoot in any land.

Thread Information