Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Struve: 'I should walk through everybody'

Default Stefan Struve: 'I should walk through everybody'

On July 5, heavyweight Stefan Struve will return to the UFC Octagon after what must have been an excruciating year and a half, or so. The Dutch fighter lost his last bout via KO to Mark Hunt in March, 2013, snapping a four-fight win streak.
    The knockout broke the young heavyweight's jaw, but then he soon received even worse news - that he had a potentially career-ending heart condition. Just about everyone counted Struve out but the fighter himself never gave up on the notion that he'd return to competition.
    At UFC 175, Struve will make his come back against Matt Mitrione. The 26 year-old is confident that he can not only beat Mitrione, but also "walk through" just about everyone in the UFC's heavyweight division.
    "I can't wait to get back in there healthy, feeling better and to really show how good I am," Struve said recently during an interview on The Great MMA Debate podcast.
    "As I said before, in my opinion, I should have not lost that last fight. I should be on a five-fight win streak. It is what it is, I can't change anything about it. The only thing I can do is make sure things go my way in July. We're doing everything we can to make that happen, and I don't see anyway how he can take that away from me."
    Struve's last win came against the now-highly regard Stipe Miocic, who he beat via TKO. The modern-day giant is eager to get back to his winning ways and believes that his best days are ahead of him.
    "I want to pick up where I left off when I beat Miocic," he said.
    "I want to continue my streak. Really, in my opinion, I should be able to walk through everybody up until the top 5 and I should be able to be competitive against the top 5 and win fights there, too. My best years are coming up. I've been in the UFC since my early 20's. Heavyweights don't peak up until they're like 30 or in their 30's. So, my best years are coming up and I can't wait to show people that I'm really good in those best years."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...210510897.html

I'm rooting for Struve to come back and have success. That was a brutal knockout he received from Hunt.
    Legalize MMA in New York

I've always liked strudel. Good to see he's back at it after the long layoff. We'll see if he's packed on some muscle, and will finally be up near the 265 limit. He always brings it, be it knocking someone the fuck out, or getting laid out himself and crumpled like a baby giraffe. If only he could learn to use his reach more effectively he would be a force in the division. But he likes to stand and trade, live by the sword die by the sword.

JUGGS GOT YAAAAAAAAA

If you haven't watched I'm the Juggernaut bitch, go now to the youtube. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.
    Thank you for that

On topic, this guy has a lot of miles on him already. I know he's young, but if he's going to make a run the time is now. 5 years from now his jaw will be glass.
    I've always liked strudel.

Thank you for that

On topic, this guy has a lot of miles on him already. I know he's young, but if he's going to make a run the time is now. 5 years from now his jaw will be glass.
    lol, didn't mean it that way. I always call Struve as Strudel, just like Condit is Conduit, Mitrione is Mitriooooooone. I see how it came off wrong tho.

And I kinda agree with you on the glass jaw in a few years, IF he doesn't adapt his style and start using his freakish length

JUGGS GOT YAAAAAAAAA

If you haven't watched I'm the Juggernaut bitch, go now to the youtube. You're welcome.

I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

I've always liked strudel. Good to see he's back at it after the long layoff. We'll see if he's packed on some muscle, and will finally be up near the 265 limit. He always brings it, be it knocking someone the fuck out, or getting laid out himself and crumpled like a baby giraffe. If only he could learn to use his reach more effectively he would be a force in the division. But he likes to stand and trade, live by the sword die by the sword.
    Spot on. Really hoping he added some size in his time off.

If he can come back strong, and have improved his striking defence, he will be one scary dude.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    Spot on. Really hoping he added some size in his time off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    If he can come back strong, and have improved his striking defence, he will be one scary dude.
    Unless he gained some mass and worked on the defense like you said, I feel the top strikers in the division still topple the Skyscraper.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I've been anticipating Struve's return for quite some time, even moreso since his heart condition was made public. I agree with everyone who has said he needs to utilize his reach and work on his striking defense. A guy that tall and with that kind of reach should certainly be able to take advantage of those traits against most of the contenders in his division.

I feel like him being able to come back after that diagnosis is a victory in and of itself. Hope he's able to have many more fights in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I've been anticipating Struve's return for quite some time, even moreso since his heart condition was made public. I agree with everyone who has said he needs to utilize his reach and work on his striking defense. A guy that tall and with that kind of reach should certainly be able to take advantage of those traits against most of the contenders in his division.

I feel like him being able to come back after that diagnosis is a victory in and of itself. Hope he's able to have many more fights in his career.
    Totally agree. On paper he should've beat both Nelson and Hunt. If all he threw was jabs and stayed on the outside they couldn't even touch him. But he likes to make it a dirty fight and go punch for punch. Makes it exciting, but doesn't win fights necessarily, and shortens the length of his career. It's kind of a trade off with either use the length, have boring fights (not that guys that use it are boring), or go for broke and risk getting KTFO.

Either way, other than ring rust, I don't see him losing to Mitriooooooone. And it sucks cuz I like both these guys.

Anything think he grew over his time off? I think him and Pokes Jones were tied for longest reach last time Strudel fought. And I also remember him growing from 6'11" to 7' for his last fight.

Thread Information