Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeremy Stephens on Fight With Cub Swanson: “I Know I Can Beat This Guy”

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Remember kids, you can brutalize some poor SOB to near death, just don't shove a referee because that's taking shit too far.....
    Just trying to look at this issue from both sides:

How do we know the dude Jeremy beat up wasnt being an outright douchedick fuckhead? I mean i highly doubt Stephens put it on him without being antagonized. It was at a bar if I remember right, yes? I will say he definitely took it too far and went over the top but I've seen some severe douchebaggery in bars/clubs where I would of put hands on the guy if he was directing his bullshit at me... Right thing to do? absolutely not and I do not condone it in anyway! but I'm just saying Alcohol+Douchebags= shit escalates quickly and self control usually isnt first and foremost on the agenda.

Personally I dont think Alcohol(abuse) and Fighters should mix. Nasty combination just asking for trouble putting fuel on that fire.. The TUF house has a stocked liquor cabinet just hoping shit will pop off for ratings.

Different situation: Floyd Mayweather and T.I. threw hands in Vegas a couple weeks ago at a burger joint.. I dont know the exact story and I like TI but if TI was the instigator and baiting Mayweather, I wouldnt be upset with Floyd if he absolutely beat the dogshit out of him.(He actually has almost beat someone to death as well in a bar)
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 06-27-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Hope Cub puts Jeremy through a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Just trying to look at this issue from both sides:

How do we know the dude Jeremy beat up wasnt being an outright douchedick fuckhead? I mean i highly doubt Stephens put it on him without being antagonized. It was at a bar if I remember right, yes? I will say he definitely took it too far and went over the top but I've seen some severe douchebaggery in bars/clubs where I would of put hands on the guy if he was directing his bullshit at me... Right thing to do? absolutely not and I do not condone it in anyway! but I'm just saying Alcohol+Douchebags= shit escalates quickly and self control usually isnt first and foremost on the agenda.
    This is a really, really simple equation:

If you've ever sucker punched someone, ever you are not a man.
    If you've ever been the third man in or helped someone give someone else a beat down, you are not a man.
    If you've ever continued to beat someone after they're helpless, you are not a man.

From all reports, something happened inside the bar, and the guy left. Stephens and another guy followed him outside and they both beat him till he stopped breathing. There is no provocation on the planet that warrants that, particularly from a professional fighter. Yes, he wasn't convicted, but he settled out of court.

Jeremy Stephens is one of the few fighters I would be happy to see lose every fight he has from here on out, and would be happier still to see him cut from the UFC.

Different situation: Floyd Mayweather and T.I. threw hands in Vegas a couple weeks ago at a burger joint.. I dont know the exact story and I like TI but if TI was the instigator and baiting Mayweather, I wouldnt be upset with Floyd if he absolutely beat the dogshit out of him.(He actually has almost beat someone to death as well in a bar)
    Entirely--incomparably--different situation. TI was apparently actively seeking a fight with Mayweather, it wasn't 2 on 1, and nobody was beaten--not just beyond consciousness, but--to the point where they stopped breathing.

"Beating the dogshit" out of someone who comes looking for it is very different from following them outside with another guy, beating him down, dragging him out from under his car when he tries to crawl away and continuing to kick him till he stops fucking breathing.

If there is anyone reading this that can somehow justify that this was OK in any scenario, I honestly pray that they are incapable of procreation.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    This is a really, really simple equation:

If you've ever sucker punched someone, ever you are not a man.
    If you've ever been the third man in or helped someone give someone else a beat down, you are not a man.
    If you've ever continued to beat someone after they're helpless, you are not a man.

From all reports, something happened inside the bar, and the guy left. Stephens and another guy followed him outside and they both beat him till he stopped breathing. There is no provocation on the planet that warrants that, particularly from a professional fighter. Yes, he wasn't convicted, but he settled out of court.

Jeremy Stephens is one of the few fighters I would be happy to see lose every fight he has from here on out, and would be happier still to see him cut from the UFC.

Entirely--incomparably--different situation. TI was apparently actively seeking a fight with Mayweather, it wasn't 2 on 1, and nobody was beaten--not just beyond consciousness, but--to the point where they stopped breathing.

"Beating the dogshit" out of someone who comes looking for it is very different from following them outside with another guy, beating him down, dragging him out from under his car when he tries to crawl away and continuing to kick him till he stops fucking breathing.

If there is anyone reading this that can somehow justify that this was OK in any scenario, I honestly pray that they are incapable of procreation.

rh
    I agree with everything you just said and I am glad you replied
    but
    Rivet brother, no need for the angst towards me in the post. I apparently had Stephen's altercation confused with a different one. I DID NOT KNOW it was 2 on 1 and I did not know they followed him outside and jumped him after the guy left the situation. I agree 100% that is some bitch shit and he deserves prison time.

Thanks for the clarification, but dont be mad at me, and for the record I'm not in your equation as none of that applies to me if that was directed towards me which it felt like it was a bit.

Sorry.. atleast now the smoke is cleared "he's a piece of shit"
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

5. Default

Id say RH is more laying it on Stephens then you Hillbilly. 100 percent rightfully so I might add.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, but dont be mad at me, and for the record I'm not in your equation as none of that applies to me if that was directed towards me which it felt like it was a bit.
    No angst or anger at you at all. I just wanted to clarify Stephen's situation, because I find it amazing that he still has fans.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No angst or anger at you at all. I just wanted to clarify Stephen's situation, because I find it amazing that he still has fans.

rh
    Rivet, one can be a fan of a fighter and not the person they are. I am a fan of Stephens as a fighter and hold no qualms about it at all. I still find the line that the assault victim stopped breathing 2 times and restarted breathing at least once ridiculous. In my years I have not ever had someone stop on their own no matter the cause and then start again, unless you count sleep apnea. I have some experience in this type of thing through my job. Either way that's not related to this. Stephens maybe not a good person, he was not convicted of felonly assault regardless of why the charges were dropped. Still like to watch him fight and will continue to do so.
    Last edited by cnlclink; 06-29-2014 at 06:27 PM. Reason: wanted to point out that I have experience in traumatic etc things due to my job...not my lifestyle ;)
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information