Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chael Sonnen fails another test

Id also like to add, why should any of this affect his job as a broadcaster / commentator?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Id also like to add, why should any of this affect his job as a broadcaster / commentator?
    Without having read the article you posted...

...because it looks bad. I've seen sports commentators and analysts get fired for less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Without having read the article you posted...

...because it looks bad. I've seen sports commentators and analysts get fired for less.
    Sure it looks bad, but at the end of the day it is his body. Im not saying i agree with his steroid use and yeah hes a cheater, but him taking HGH and all these other things have nothing to do with his commentating.

Also, i know nfl and NHL dont test during the season. Only way you get a test during the season is if you failed a previous test during the offseason and thats why you are subject to in season testing.
    The players union argued against blood testing in season. MMA has no union.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    as I understand it, they cant compel a blood test, but you can volunteer to take it.
    It's tied to licensing, and this is a tactic the NSAC is employing more and more often: the go to a guy they think is dirty and ask him to volunteer for a more stringent test. If he says no, it looks bad when it comes up during the licensing process.

I'm 100% in favor of it.

Because the vast majority of the general public wants sports figures to have ethics, behave morally and generally not be a dirty or lying asshole. That being said, I realize you are an exception to that rule.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

It's sad". The ufc propped him up based on what they mistakenly thought was a true commitment to the company and the sport.

They should literally cut their losses and end all dealings with a person who has shown time and again he is absolutely morally bankrupt and would gladly piss on anyone, including his own mother, for minimal personal gain.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by jhemp81 View Post
    thats funny. but we are talking about Sonnen, so it could somehow end up that way.
    Heavyweight title shot.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

For me a commentator/broadcaster should have some credibility and Sonnen has absolutely now of that.

I personally always liked for broadcasters to be both fans of the sport and credible as journalists so that they could paint a picture of what you were seeing that made it more compelling; especially to less-informed fans. That's been a thing of the past for years. I'm not sure how much integrity I expect out of a commentator/broadcaster but I don't even want to hear Sonnen's voice at this time.

The closest comparison I can think of would be Lance Armstrong commenting on cycling and that's not even close to being the same considering the number of titles he won and the number of people he strong-armed and ruined over the years with his BS.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

This makes me sad. I've always liked Chael and I've always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but I really don't see any way that I could defend him here. This absolutely destroys his legacy. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Sure it looks bad, but at the end of the day it is his body. Im not saying i agree with his steroid use and yeah hes a cheater, but him taking HGH and all these other things have nothing to do with his commentating.
    Its not his body people are worried about. Its his opponents. Using steroids to his a ball further is being a shitty cheater. Using steroids to punch someone in the face harder in hand to hand combat is being a shitty person in general in my opinion. Not that he inflicts a tone of damage with his big brother punches from the top anyway...

Anyway I think its safe to say hes officially earned the name Fael Sonnen between his title shots and drug tests.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information