Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korean Zombie calls out Cub Swanson following big win at UFC Fight Night 44: Fight Me

Default Korean Zombie calls out Cub Swanson following big win at UFC Fight Night 44: Fight Me

Korean Zombie calls out Cub Swanson following big win at UFC Fight Night 44: Fight Me!
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/29/58...t-night-44-mma
    "The Korean Zombie" rose from his digital grave in the wake of the FOX Sports 1 festivities, asking telling Swanson to step up and prove his mettle in a 145-pound showdown later this year.

@CubSwanson Fight me.
    — Chan Sung Jung (@KoreanZombieMMA) June 29, 2014
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

If I'm Swanson, Thanks but no thanks.

Off topic:

Where does a win over Frankie Edgar put BJ Penn? A win or two away from a title shot, or do they fast track him to a fight with Aldo?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If I'm Swanson, Thanks but no thanks.

Off topic:

Where does a win over Frankie Edgar put BJ Penn? A win or two away from a title shot, or do they fast track him to a fight with Aldo?
    I am not sure about Edgar but if Penn wins they definitely fast track him to the title shot. He would be at most one win away. It wouldn't be that surprising for the UFC to give it to him over Cub. Dana would love an Aldo/Penn title.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I am not sure about Edgar but if Penn wins they definitely fast track him to the title shot. He would be at most one win away. It wouldn't be that surprising for the UFC to give it to him over Cub. Dana would love an Aldo/Penn title.
    I'll be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if they take Mendes out and put Penn into the title fight in August. Would that really surprise anybody?

surprise? no.

disappoint? yes. And that's coming from a total mark for BJ. [and for BJs, in general.]

Even with [another] win over Edgar, Penn should be a minimum of two wins away from a title shot--a top 10 and a top 5.

But he won't be.

If Penn beats Edgar [again]--an obviously gigantic if--watch the reworking of revisionist history; guys coming out of the woodwork talking about how close the first fight was and how BJ really won it. Half those mopes will have written something about Edgar "dominating" Penn "twice" in the intervening time.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I really do think that win or lose against edgar, penns going to retire from the sport for real this time. and since cubs next in line for the title shot, I don't think bj wants to wait. would love to see bj against Korean zombie though.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsunn View Post
    I really do think that win or lose against edgar, penns going to retire from the sport for real this time. and since cubs next in line for the title shot, I don't think bj wants to wait. would love to see bj against Korean zombie though.
    Thats our whole point though, if Penn beats Edgar and does it impressively, he'll leap frog Swanson for a title shot.

Theres no way Penn would retire and give up the chance to be the first 3 division champ.

But again, if he beats Edgar

Back on topic haha. Swanson perhaps should wait for Aldo/Mendes. I kind of became a fan of him after Sat night and will be pulling for him. Anyway he should not have to fight Jung to get a shot, 6 in a row, he deserves it. Stephens vs Jung would be neat though
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    Back on topic haha. Swanson perhaps should wait for Aldo/Mendes. I kind of became a fan of him after Sat night and will be pulling for him. Anyway he should not have to fight Jung to get a shot, 6 in a row, he deserves it. Stephens vs Jung would be neat though
    Yes Swanson should wait. We're only two months away from Mendes/Aldo, Swanson facing the winner lines up pretty well.

Swanson should wait for his due and hope that neither Aldo or Mendes gets injured after the title fight or at worst only Mendes is injured between now and then and steps in for the title fight.

BJ, dear old BJ would have to murder Edgar and then get through another legit challenger prior to even being talked about given a title shot.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information