Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Myles Jury accepts fight against Nate Diaz ... who won't answer the phone

Default Myles Jury accepts fight against Nate Diaz ... who won't answer the phone

Myles Jury accepts fight against Nate Diaz ... who won't answer the phone
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/6/29/58...swer-phone-mma
    Surging Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight prospect Myles Jury has been offered a fight against former division number one contender Nate Diaz, a 155-pound showdown he gladly accepts. But negotiating with Diaz, as Anthrax so eloquently puts it, is like clapping with one hand.

According to Fury, there hasn't been a peep from the 209.

.@NateDiaz209 I respect u a lot, BUT... I confirmed to fight you & have been waiting on you for a week. Are we getting after it or what?
    — Myles Jury (@FuryJury) June 29, 2014

Get in line.

Jury is not the only one hoping to pick a fight with Diaz, who has been riding the pine since planishing Gray Maynard last November. UFC President Dana White insists he's been trying to get Nate -- as well as his older bother Nick -- back inside the cage, but to no avail.

Bout my money #breakbread till then don't call ..
    — Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) June 29, 2014
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

So they won't fight because they don't get paid enough. How well does not fighting pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Myles Jury could face the winner of Michael Johnson/Josh Thomson or the winner/loser of Miller/Cerrone. And while unlikely, he could get matched up against Ben Henderson. Any of these fights sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    Myles Jury could face the winner of Michael Johnson/Josh Thomson or the winner/loser of Miller/Cerrone. And while unlikely, he could get matched up against Ben Henderson. Any of these fights sound good.
    Doubt he wants to wait for those fights to have to happen then wait for one of them to sign on the line... be easier to get a fight going with someone not currently committed to a fight.

Well other then Cerrone decent chance he'd do a quick turn around for a fight.

The longer the Nate/Dana stand off lasts, the worse they both look.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    The longer the Nate/Dana stand off lasts, the worse they both look.
    How does it make Dana and the UFC look bad at all. He is refusing to give in to bullshit demands from a fighter who has no right to be demanding anything. Yay he has 1 good win against Maynard, and lost the 2 fights before that badly. He wants more money then fight and prove it.

Dana and the UFC giving in to Nate makes them look bad and starts a giant shit storm. Any fighter who is unhappy just becomes a baby and refuses to fight until they get more money

If dana was smart, he'd say "Nate, I'll give you 100k to fire your manager and fight Jury."

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Dana keeps offering the Diaz fight to other fighters when Diaz is obviously on the shelf until. Dana is trying to use to media to make it seem like Diaz keeps ducking fighters when it is obviously bullshit. It creates needless drama and makes Dana look even more unprofessional then usual.

Beyond Dana and Nate, it's not really fair to offer Jury a fight he would absolutely love when there is no chance of it coming to fruition. Why get the kids hopes up?

Edit:

Diaz really does need to take a fight because he has no bargaining power. He needs to take a fight, destroy his opponent and in his post fight speech tell his fans to tell the UFC to pay him.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

9. Default

Go Dana. Keep offering them fights, keep them under contract, and keep them looking like the spoiled little punks they are.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Dana keeps offering the Diaz fight to other fighters when Diaz is obviously on the shelf until. Dana is trying to use to media to make it seem like Diaz keeps ducking fighters when it is obviously bullshit. It creates needless drama and makes Dana look even more unprofessional then usual.

Beyond Dana and Nate, it's not really fair to offer Jury a fight he would absolutely love when there is no chance of it coming to fruition. Why get the kids hopes up?

Edit:

Diaz really does need to take a fight because he has no bargaining power. He needs to take a fight, destroy his opponent and in his post fight speech tell his fans to tell the UFC to pay him.
    ???? On the shelf until what?

I've seen no injury report for Nate and we all know Nick wants that Joe Louzon money, or the Beiber money, or the Wu-Tang money.

Look, Nate just beat Grey Maynard convincingly but prior to that was beaten down the champ at the time and was knocked out by Thompson. He has no leverage at this point as he isn't in any position to demand any particular contender. Nate needs to take a fight or two and run through the respective opponents and then start harping on another title shot, but until then just no. Further, the last people I want as champs are the Diaz brothers at this point.

Nick, well good ole Nick is going to have to get over this I want a title shot or else shit. He lost, plainly and clearly and not only that he lost the interim shot as well, debatable but he lost.

If this rumor pans out that Nick is interested in fighting Silva upon his return in 2015, cool but in all honesty I really do believe Pierre needing time off has to do with healing up some injuries, bulking up a bit and being ready for the call when Silva makes his return. That is what I truly believe will occur and Nick again will be left as a back up plan.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Thread Information