Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Myles Jury accepts fight against Nate Diaz ... who won't answer the phone

Diaz just tweeted some dumb shit about money and breaking bread and until then he wont answer the phone.

I see this as the same bargining ploy DW used with Jones, saying he didn't want to fight Gus or whatever. Just a trick to get Diaz back into the cage. They should just keep offering Diaz (whichever one) fights, and say he's refusing to fight, not the other way around by offering fighters a Diaz fight which they accept, then the Diaz' passes.

As for the Diaz bros refusing to fight until they get paid, it's just plain stupid. It's a stalemate really, as they won't be released from their contracts for not fighting because their personality will sell for another org, and they won't fight unless they get more money. So they'll just be held out until they retire or whatever. Nate should finish up his contract and THEN renegotiate for a new one with higher money or just walk (you signed the thing and were happy with it when you did). As for Nick .... why're people even still talking about this guy? He's retired, let him be. I don't see threads of 'Let's get Randy/Chuck/whoever else fighting again'. And yes, I see the difference that Nick is still (or could be) active right now. But if he doesn't want to fight, fuck em, and mma will move on without him. Even the fight with Anderson Silva when he comes back, there are so many guys out there that would love a chance to compete with a legend, and have been fighting year in and year out. But lets give the fight to crybaby Diaz, who is just going to take his ball and go home / retire after the fight again anyways. What's the point really? After losing to Conduit, he went into this 'retirement', then came out to fight GSP, then went back into another 'retirement' and would do it a third time if he fights Silva.

Anyways, I'd love to see either Diaz fight, but if they're content to sit on the sidelines and complain about pay, so be it, thanks for coming out.

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Mad-Men. See the Alligator Boy, ride my famous Murder Ride. Most of all, don't forget to take home some of my tasty fried chicken! Ha ha! It just tastes so damn good!

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wanted to watch two fat guys stare at each other huffing and puffing

Nate is just butt hurt that he's not ranked anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

^I highly doubt it. I highly doubt anybody outside of the shitty journalists/random people who vote on them give a shit about UFC's rankings lol. Pretty much everyone with a brain knows they are a joke.

Anyways, why would Nate want to fight Jury, boring. Pay the man and give him somebody he deserves...not a guy coming off a win vs present day Diego. Myles didn't even look good vs Ricci at all in the fight before that. No wonder Diaz won't accept any of these shitty match ups he's getting offered. You don't go from finishing Maynard in rd 1 in a main to a fight vs Myles Jury. LOL, just no.

Khabib the master hugger is the only one who deserves this fight, out of everyone who's called Nate out.
    Last edited by dbader08; 06-30-2014 at 05:03 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    ^I highly doubt it. I highly doubt anybody outside of the shitty journalists/random people who vote on them give a shit about UFC's rankings lol. Pretty much everyone with a brain knows they are a joke.

Anyways, why would Nate want to fight Jury, boring. Pay the man and give him somebody he deserves...not a guy coming off a win vs present day Diego. Myles didn't even look good vs Ricci at all in the fight before that. No wonder Diaz won't accept any of these shitty match ups he's getting offered. You don't go from finishing Maynard in rd 1 in a main to a fight vs Myles Jury. LOL, just no.

Khabib the master hugger is the only one who deserves this fight, out of everyone who's called Nate out.
    Nate lost 2 fights decisively before he beat Maynard. Jury is undefeated. Diaz obviously is nowhere near another title shot so why doesn't Jury deserve a step up in competition? The fight seems to make a whole lot of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

How many fights are left on his contract? Perhaps he should take on any fighter with the intent to finish, go the Cerrone route and try for quick turnarounds so he can a) fulfill his contract and b) have more bargaining power when the time comes to renegotiate. He's an exciting enough fighter to pull it off and is in good enough shape year round to where he can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Nate is just butt hurt that he's not ranked anymore.
    No. Just no.

Nate isn't ranked because dana is butthurt. Don't confuse the two. Any rankings that don't have Nate somewhere in the top 10 aren't worth the pixels it takes to represent them on the screen. If inactivity plays a role in how fighters are ranked, it usually doesn't kick in until they haven't fought for a year. Nate was dropped immediately after refusing the Nurmagomedov, less than 5 months after lighting up Maynard.

It's petty, overly emotional bullshit from dana and zuffa, once again.

I'm not a mark for Nate, by any means. He's painted himself into a corner, and that asshole of a manager kogan is a fucking albatross around his neck. Mark my words, he'll NEVER get paid with that village idiot as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    How many fights are left on his contract? Perhaps he should take on any fighter with the intent to finish, go the Cerrone route and try for quick turnarounds so he can a) fulfill his contract and b) have more bargaining power when the time comes to renegotiate. He's an exciting enough fighter to pull it off and is in good enough shape year round to where he can make it happen.
    From what I've heard, he's screwed. I've been told that as part of negotiating to get the title match, he signed an 8 fight deal with low front end and heavy incentives if he kept winning. He fought three of those fights, meaning he has 5 fights left, and the up-front money he's getting paid legitimately sucks for a fighter of his skillset and name value. He's not going to get any gimme fights--certainly not after disrespecting dana in public--and the risk/reward ratio for him is going to be awful. What's worse is that kogan--the guy who got him this fabulous deal--lacks even rudimentary negotiation skills and is literally useless when it comes to working an amicable alternative. The one thing he brings to the table is a penchant for saying exactly the wrong thing while "keeping it street, homie" and then making things worse with his apologies.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

As he was ranked in the top ten before this ordeal, I wouldn't think he'd receive any gimmie fights. With five fights remaining, he is stuck with the pay rate until he finishes the contract or they renegotiate with one fight left on the deal.

I share the opinion of most when it comes to this. I don't see them getting what they want as long as they sit out and bitch about not making enough money. Them damn Diaz boys are entertaining fighters that put on good fights that fans like to see. But with each event that passes, the anticipation for their return lessens bit by bit. It may not erode like it would for most fighters, but it would wear down over time.

I do not begrudge them for wanting to get paid well for this line of work. But Nate should have looked over that contract he signed another time or two and imagined a scenario where he loses and only gets his show money.

I'm not excusing Zuffa's bullying tactics here, but Nate has screwed himself here. He just recently signed the contract, has plenty of fights left and is on a 1-fight win streak with 2 one-sided losses before that. Zuffa may budge and relax their terms when it comes to Nick, but not Nate; Nate doesn't draw like his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    ???? On the shelf until what?

I've seen no injury report for Nate and we all know Nick wants that Joe Louzon money, or the Beiber money, or the Wu-Tang money.
    Until his contract dispute ends obviously. Nate has made it clear he is not fighting without a pay raise. At this point, offering a fight to Nate makes as much sense as offering a fight to GSP right before his knee injury.

When Heath Herring made it clear that he wasn't fighting MMA because the money wasn't worth it, yet he was still under contract, did Dana offer heavyweights fights and have them call out Heath in the media?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information