Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: EDITORIAL: An In-Depth Look At UFC 175: "Weidman vs. Machida"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    We need #hashtag callouts so that members get a notification when they're mentioned.

    That way, Mac, Swift, TBear and Ramma can come in and verbally abuse you guys.

    They have it on some of the other sites I use and it's pretty cool.

    That would be pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    7,277

    Default

    So many old valued members never post anymore.

    I miss the old live discussions when we had a huge group. Although, I rarely ever get to watch anything live anymore myself.

    TBEAR hulk smashes and Mac jokes... 2008 to, I don't know, 2011? 2012? Those were fun times for me here.

    I agree with the hash tag callouts. We will call them bashtags.

  3. #23

    Default

    My phone won't cooperate with this site for some reason. I'm still lurking but while my PC was down I couldn't do much. I should be back in the mix now.


    move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Well he's never around. So I figured he'd fit in perfect as a mod on this site haha
    Welllllll played

    For the record I'm still on the site pretty regularly.

    Have you ever heard of the idea of writing a letter but not actually sending it? That happens quite a bit to me here. I get slightly worked up, write a sentence or two, then lose all my passion and don't bother to finish my thought.

    I tend to have a problem with brevity, so it's usually all or nothing with me. Lately it's been nothing.
    Then again I've never been known for my high post count (or anything, for that matter, haha)

    As far as mod responsibilities, I should probably do a better job.
    I usually just want to ban people on the spot, and since that's probably not the best course of action I let it go, and things move on.

    Trust me everyone, SimpleJack, Rivet and even Dr. MMA (who does a bunch behind the scenes) do all the work for you guys to have an awesome MMA forum. You might not like them when they're ripping apart your posts, but if you don't appreciate them, it's because you just don't know what they're doing for this site.
    Last edited by SWIFTboy; 07-04-2014 at 06:37 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    We need #hashtag callouts so that members get a notification when they're mentioned.

    That way, Mac, Swift, TBear and Ramma can come in and verbally abuse you guys.

    They have it on some of the other sites I use and it's pretty cool.
    Why should we have that? So I can feel even more lonely when I realize that nobody ever talks about me...??? Sniff. Mind you I don't say much so I guess I can't have my name mentioned.

    I think I had my hand smacked once by a mod though. I'm not going to say who but his name rhymes with biveted.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    p.s. Happy American version of Canada Day to all you Yanky doodles.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    So many old valued members never post anymore.

    I miss the old live discussions when we had a huge group. Although, I rarely ever get to watch anything live anymore myself.

    TBEAR hulk smashes and Mac jokes... 2008 to, I don't know, 2011? 2012? Those were fun times for me here.

    I agree with the hash tag callouts. We will call them bashtags.
    I would sam the shit of out certain people so they keep getting emails until they come back, even that racist motherfucker roaddawg he was entertaining.

    Also my apologies to Dr MMA he is a very active mod as well.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    good article, well written.. Nice job Nick and its nice to see a proactive writer for MMAnews finally, I love what you are doing with the place. Welcome to the board! I too also want to hear your prediction of the winner

    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    p.s. Happy American version of Canada Day to all you Yanky doodles.
    Happy Independence Day to you as well my friend!

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I would sam the shit of out certain people so they keep getting emails until they come back, even that racist motherfucker roaddawg he was entertaining.

    Also my apologies to Dr MMA he is a very active mod as well.
    lol do you remember the HUGE fight we got into with RoadDawg? I mean that shit escalated quickly

    Dr. MMA and SimpleJack are awesome with RH being the big cheese that puts people in check when they get out of line with absurd fucktardism statements and comments.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-04-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    good article, well written.. Nice job Nick and its nice to see a proactive writer for MMAnews finally, I love what you are doing with the place. Welcome to the board! I too also want to hear your prediction of the winner


    Happy Independence Day to you as well my friend!



    lol do you remember the HUGE fight we got into with RoadDawg? I mean that shit escalated quickly

    Dr. MMA and SimpleJack are awesome with RH being the big cheese that puts people in check when they get out of line with absurd fucktardism statements and comments.
    Many of us have gotten into multiple arguments with that retard. Which are you referring to?

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Many of us have gotten into multiple arguments with that retard. Which are you referring to?
    it was a couple years ago, but it was one where you and I both got flaming infractions.. I'm too lazy to go dig it up. I believe it was a Bisping thread.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •