Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC & FOX Cut Ties With Chael Sonnen

Default UFC & FOX Cut Ties With Chael Sonnen

UFC and FOX are reportedly done with Chael Sonnen. It is being reported that the two will be cutting all ties with the former fighter/on-air personality.

Full story here: Report: UFC & FOX To Cut Ties With Chael Sonnen Following Drug Test Failure

If this is true then I applaud the UFC and Fox. It is the right call

I like how Dana would always say "If Chael quit fighting today he'd be fine. FOX loves him, you'll see him around still."
    Unless of course you fail 2 drug tests.
    I will join The Return Of in applauding both the UFC and Fox over this.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I'm crossing my fingers that he gets a broadcasting position with WSOF. Him and Bas are like the fucking dream team.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

That sucks. I saw it coming and understand why but I really enjoyed Chael's analysis and I am very picky when it comes to stuff like that. Believe it or not I will miss his personality in the MMA world.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers that he gets a broadcasting position with WSOF. Him and Bas are like the fucking dream team.
    that would be fucking stellar! I dont think I'd ever want to listen to another broadcast after a Bas and Chael night

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That sucks. I saw it coming and understand why but I really enjoyed Chael's analysis and I am very picky when it comes to stuff like that. Believe it or not I will miss his personality in the MMA world.
    Love him or hate him, he still gave decent insight and analysis to fights. His commentary will definitely be missed by me..I was hoping they were not going to strip him of the broadcasting position, but I totally understand why and support their decision as well.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-01-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Things went downhill for him pretty quickly. I am not surprised that FOX cut him, given how mainstream they are. I was surprised that UFC cut him but then again, Sonnen claimed to be retired, so letting go of a retired fighter was not as big of a loss for UFC and plus, I'm sure they wanted to be in good graces with FOX as well.

In reality though, Sonnen won't have any trouble finding a job. If he wanted a broadcaster position, the revamped version of Bellator or WSoF would love to take him on. If he wanted to fight, he'd have to do it outside of North America, and OneFC would jump on that opportunity and pay him well.

One interesting question that has been thrown out by the media and even posters was whether Sonnen's career was tarnished as a result of the positive test. After the first test and how the drugs were associated with coming off of TRT, my answer was no. After the second test, I was thinking maybe but thought that it wouldn't have been as big of a deal a year from now in some fans' eyes. However, after being fired from both UFC and FOX as a result of this, I am definitely leaning towards yes, his career is tarnished.
    Last edited by Dr. MMA; 07-01-2014 at 01:55 AM.

I guess if he weren't retired the UFC would wait for him to get things cleared up so they could schedule his next fight.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Goddamn and we were all so worried about Vitor getting licensed and Wanderlei ducking his random test lol.

damn, and here I was thinking he was the one to replace dana

Thread Information