Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC & FOX Cut Ties With Chael Sonnen

Lol.....or worse a "juiced-down" Wanderlei because he was using diuretics, correct?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Would the WWF even take him now?

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Would the WWF even take him now?
    Probably if he could clean up... debatable how seriously the WWE takes it wellness program. Others would know better but seems like they are more worried about their performers taking drugs of abuse then performance enhancing stuff

Interesting that they aren't pulling Chael from Metamoris 4. Guess having his name value is more important then having clean fighters in the eyes of the promoters.

Man, ive really been turned off by the UFC lately.....

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    Man, ive really been turned off by the UFC lately.....
    Lots of Drama eh.

If you lose respect for a guy like Lance Armstrong or Chael Sonnen for cheating, it is understandable, but the contempt is a bit ridiculous because the overwhelming majority of all professional athletes and a good portion of amateur athletes are using performance enhancing drugs. Do you in turn hate all of those athletes? In regards to WWE, I've seen plenty of interviews where guys like Hogan and Cena flat out deny using steroids when asked point blank - do you despise them as well? I'm very much into fitness and have never used supplements beyond vitamins, aminos, and protein powders, let alone drugs, but I know a handful of acquaintances and former teammates who have. Does it suck that they are cheating and getting away with it? Sure it does, it means guys like me have to train, eat, and rest even better. Does it make them a rule breaker? Sure it does. Does it mean they are the scum of the earth? Of course not. Get over it, and if you keep watching sports, get used to it. I still like Chael, and for me the UFC will be a little less interesting without him. Hopefully GSP comes back when his leg heals.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    If you lose respect for a guy like Lance Armstrong or Chael Sonnen for cheating, it is understandable, but the contempt is a bit ridiculous because the overwhelming majority of all professional athletes and a good portion of amateur athletes are using performance enhancing drugs. Do you in turn hate all of those athletes? In regards to WWE, I've seen plenty of interviews where guys like Hogan and Cena flat out deny using steroids when asked point blank - do you despise them as well? I'm very much into fitness and have never used supplements beyond vitamins, aminos, and protein powders, let alone drugs, but I know a handful of acquaintances and former teammates who have. Does it suck that they are cheating and getting away with it? Sure it does, it means guys like me have to train, eat, and rest even better. Does it make them a rule breaker? Sure it does. Does it mean they are the scum of the earth? Of course not. Get over it, and if you keep watching sports, get used to it. I still like Chael, and for me the UFC will be a little less interesting without him. Hopefully GSP comes back when his leg heals.
    You do realize that the contempt for chael stems from a multitude of indiscretions that include felonious activity, lying, cheating, deflecting, alleging against others and perjuring himself, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I agree that he is not a "violent" criminal who has inflicted physical pain and trauma on others.

What I will say, is this (again): His scam, one used by many people during the housing boom, was to build loan equity into a home through bogus repairs and upgrades supposedly completed by his mother's "company." The family buying the home would then be able to borrow more money for the home purchase.

That all sounds well and good, right? Wrong.

The family is then saddled with a home which does not meet the selling price in value. Further, they are paying an inflated mortgage payment based on their home's value. Also, insuring the home is more expensive. What comes next? You guessed it, foreclosure. So now, the bank is sitting on a home they loaned an additional amount (60,000 in the Sonnen case I believe) and has to attempt to sell it to cut their losses. Most folks say, "fuck 'em, banks suck anyway." Wrong again. The fallout from this happening all over is that the banks lose their asses and families lose their homes. Worse, many of the loans were FHA or VA guaranteed. Now you also have the Government saddled with over-valued assets that no one is paying for and the losses can't be recovered.

So, who is the victim? Me, you, the taxpayer, and your 401K. Yes, your investments get their asses kicked. Your IRA, CD's, etc. are all invested in funds that are at least partially based on bank performance. Banks eating 100K house notes because of asshole realtors and scammers crushed the housing market and the investment market.

So, no, Sonnen didn't kill or rape anyone. He simply tried to screw my boys out of their college fund and my Granny out of her retirement so that he could make 3% on a doctored home loan.
    I dont understand this. So for example are you are saying he purchased house for 100k then took a loan for 20k for improvements that he didn't do. Then sold the house for 120k and pocketed the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Larry View Post
    I dont understand this. So for example are you are saying he purchased house for 100k then took a loan for 20k for improvements that he didn't do. Then sold the house for 120k and pocketed the extra money?
    No.

He was the real estate agent in the equation. He arranged for false repairs to be completed on the home which were not completed and the home owner was able to borrow extra when purchasing it. In essence, allowing someone to borrow 180k for what was still a 120k house. The key to real estate is that it is secured with property equivalent to what is borrowed to protect the lender and borrower.

Real estate fraud and money laundering. Sonnen would have collected a percentage of the total sale; often 3-6%.

Michael Jordan and Tiki Barber, among numerous other athletes, have lied and cheated on their wives. Darryl Strawberry and Pete Rose, among numerous others, were convicted for tax fraud. I can go on and on. Am I defending these behaviors? Absolutely not, these were poor decisions. How many of you have friends or relatives who have made poor decisions? Probably every one of us knows someone who has, if not you yourself. Does that mean you hate them? Seems like we're getting a little high and mighty when it comes to Chael is all I'm saying. Nobody has to like him or even respect him, but no need to trash him.

Thread Information