+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: UFC & FOX Cut Ties With Chael Sonnen

scallas, you're welcome to your opinion, but I don't agree with it.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Michael Jordan and Tiki Barber, among numerous other athletes, have lied and cheated on their wives. Darryl Strawberry and Pete Rose, among numerous others, were convicted for tax fraud. I can go on and on. Am I defending these behaviors? Absolutely not, these were poor decisions. How many of you have friends or relatives who have made poor decisions? Probably every one of us knows someone who has, if not you yourself. Does that mean you hate them? Seems like we're getting a little high and mighty when it comes to Chael is all I'm saying. Nobody has to like him or even respect him, but no need to trash him.
    I dont see Jordan or Tiki on TV sitting in there chair talking shit about a guy they were supposed to face off with, throwing them under the bus, calling them a liar and cheater all while doing the same if not worse.

You take that high and mighty I'm always right attitude, coupled with the fact he is a liar, cheat, and criminal then your not exactly comparing apples to apples now are you.

Tax fraud is one thing, its not screwing people out of there homes. Cheating on your wife is bad, but its a personal dec, cheating in sports is public. He has had a couple of one liners that were funny on the surface when you are drinking but thats really about it. I wasnt impressed when Babalu subbed him back in the day and even when he went on his run thats all I ever saw.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Michael Jordan and Tiki Barber, among numerous other athletes, have lied and cheated on their wives. Darryl Strawberry and Pete Rose, among numerous others, were convicted for tax fraud. I can go on and on. Am I defending these behaviors? Absolutely not, these were poor decisions. How many of you have friends or relatives who have made poor decisions? Probably every one of us knows someone who has, if not you yourself. Does that mean you hate them? Seems like we're getting a little high and mighty when it comes to Chael is all I'm saying. Nobody has to like him or even respect him, but no need to trash him.
    The people you mentioned, including my friends, have not seen fit to maintain their lies through misdirection, trashing others, and creating new lies once found out. Poor decisions are just that. Continuing the behavior is a pattern that shows the character of the individual. See the difference?

Moreover, even Pete rose has come clean.....where's chael?

Save your support for those deserving of it. It's far more valuable when you do so.

And by the way, you never once asked me if I thought those were scum so you have no idea what my opinion of them happens to be.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 07-01-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/1/...ions-you-gotta

UFC president Dana White has broken his silence on the Chael Sonnen situation.

While the UFC issued an official statement on Monday -- announcing that the company and FOX Sports were cutting TV ties with Sonnen, who failed his second Nevada Athletic Commission drug test in less than a month -- White himself had not spoken directly on the situation.

On FOX Sports 1 on Tuesday, White spoke on the matter, saying it wasn't easy to end Sonnen's TV job with the UFC and FOX.

"You know, its never easy making decisions like this," White said. "You know, Chael is a person I personally care about, I know a lot of people at FOX care about him too. The guy had four banned substances in his system. Four banned substances in his system leading up to a fight here in Las Vegas.

"It's a tough one," White said. "It's one of those hard decisions you gotta make. It was definitely a hard one. It was something we had to do."

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    No.

He was the real estate agent in the equation. He arranged for false repairs to be completed on the home which were not completed and the home owner was able to borrow extra when purchasing it. In essence, allowing someone to borrow 180k for what was still a 120k house. The key to real estate is that it is secured with property equivalent to what is borrowed to protect the lender and borrower.

Real estate fraud and money laundering. Sonnen would have collected a percentage of the total sale; often 3-6%.
    Got it. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

White: 2nd chance for Chael depends on how he handles this
    Fang then inquired about the possibility of a second chance down the line.

"I care about the guy very much, and hopefully... you know, it all depends on how he handles it. America's a very forgiving place for guys who do the right thing. And you see what happens with the guys who dig their heels in and try to battle - it doesn't work out well for them."

*Third chance, not second.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I don't watch a lot of other sports. Are there many guys with questionable pasts who do commentary on major outlets?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I don't watch a lot of other sports. Are there many guys with questionable pasts who do commentary on major outlets?
    Honestly no, most of them get canned. I remember FOX let go of a baseball color commentator because he made an on air joke about their in between innings guest stealing his wallet (the guest was latin). He was fired within the week.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was FOX that put the pressure on the UFC to get rid of Sonnen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was FOX that put the pressure on the UFC to get rid of Sonnen.
    That's the only thing Fox has gotten right since picking up The Simpsons in the 90's.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    That's the only thing Fox has gotten right since picking up The Simpsons in the 90's.

rh
    Hahaha remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information