Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC & FOX Cut Ties With Chael Sonnen

Saw that one coming a mile away......

In terms of his career, I will always think of him more of a guy who would fight anyone whenever first, and a steroid user second.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    In terms of his career, I will always think of him more of a guy who would fight anyone whenever first, and a steroid user second.
    Maybe the first was helped by the second? And by maybe I mean definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Unfortunately, he will always be exactly who I thought he was to begin with.

A guy who made it there but got stopped in the big one every time then had to turn to the juice only to come up short as well. Moreover, he's a far worse human being who is willing to lie, cheat, steal, and implicate others to cover up his own indiscretions and insecurities.

Yep, that's how I'll always remember him. He's got a special spot deep in my heart....next to Ray Lewis, Roethlisberger, and scores of other scumbags from the sports world.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post

A guy who made it there but got stopped in the big one every time then had to turn to the juice only to come up short as well. Moreover, he's a far worse human being who is willing to lie, cheat, steal, and implicate others to cover up his own indiscretions and insecurities.

Yep, that's how I'll always remember him. He's got a special spot deep in my heart....next to Ray Lewis, Roethlisberger, and scores of other scumbags from the sports world.
    I like Sonnen. I am biased. It is damn hard to defend him anymore, but I like the way he fights, and his willingness to fight. All that being said, and only is this said in the smallest of small defenses, I wouldn't put him anywhere near rapists and murders that got away with it.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

I've never had any use for sonnen, from the whiney "OMG, I totally didn't really tap" against Filho in the WEC, to the suspicion [no apparently confirmed] of rampant PED abuse, to the plagiarized sound bytes [that weren't even that great when they were delivered the first time] to the very ugly discrimination under the too-thin veneer of "hey, it's a joke," to the overhype surrounding him and the clueless fanboys who would happily give him every benefit of the doubt, while simultaneously slagging anyone else suspected of juicing.

Don't let the door hit your PED-injected ass, chael. Go away and stay there.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I agree that he is not a "violent" criminal who has inflicted physical pain and trauma on others.

What I will say, is this (again): His scam, one used by many people during the housing boom, was to build loan equity into a home through bogus repairs and upgrades supposedly completed by his mother's "company." The family buying the home would then be able to borrow more money for the home purchase.

That all sounds well and good, right? Wrong.

The family is then saddled with a home which does not meet the selling price in value. Further, they are paying an inflated mortgage payment based on their home's value. Also, insuring the home is more expensive. What comes next? You guessed it, foreclosure. So now, the bank is sitting on a home they loaned an additional amount (60,000 in the Sonnen case I believe) and has to attempt to sell it to cut their losses. Most folks say, "fuck 'em, banks suck anyway." Wrong again. The fallout from this happening all over is that the banks lose their asses and families lose their homes. Worse, many of the loans were FHA or VA guaranteed. Now you also have the Government saddled with over-valued assets that no one is paying for and the losses can't be recovered.

So, who is the victim? Me, you, the taxpayer, and your 401K. Yes, your investments get their asses kicked. Your IRA, CD's, etc. are all invested in funds that are at least partially based on bank performance. Banks eating 100K house notes because of asshole realtors and scammers crushed the housing market and the investment market.

So, no, Sonnen didn't kill or rape anyone. He simply tried to screw my boys out of their college fund and my Granny out of her retirement so that he could make 3% on a doctored home loan.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Ok, now he's irrelevant. I didn't mind his commentary, but completely understand why he was terminated. Good for them for standing up for ethics.

I agree that he is not a "violent" criminal who has inflicted physical pain and trauma on others.

What I will say, is this (again): His scam, one used by many people during the housing boom, was to build loan equity into a home through bogus repairs and upgrades supposedly completed by his mother's "company." The family buying the home would then be able to borrow more money for the home purchase.

That all sounds well and good, right? Wrong.

The family is then saddled with a home which does not meet the selling price in value. Further, they are paying an inflated mortgage payment based on their home's value. Also, insuring the home is more expensive. What comes next? You guessed it, foreclosure. So now, the bank is sitting on a home they loaned an additional amount (60,000 in the Sonnen case I believe) and has to attempt to sell it to cut their losses. Most folks say, "fuck 'em, banks suck anyway." Wrong again. The fallout from this happening all over is that the banks lose their asses and families lose their homes. Worse, many of the loans were FHA or VA guaranteed. Now you also have the Government saddled with over-valued assets that no one is paying for and the losses can't be recovered.

So, who is the victim? Me, you, the taxpayer, and your 401K. Yes, your investments get their asses kicked. Your IRA, CD's, etc. are all invested in funds that are at least partially based on bank performance. Banks eating 100K house notes because of asshole realtors and scammers crushed the housing market and the investment market.

So, no, Sonnen didn't kill or rape anyone. He simply tried to screw my boys out of their college fund and my Granny out of her retirement so that he could make 3% on a doctored home loan.
    And when he got caught he turned state witness on his partners.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Wandy should start shit talking Chael... Who is the dummy now Chael?

How about the issue of these new random drug tests catching so much shit, if there was no random drug tests, we would have seen a juiced up Sonnen fighting a 'possibly' juiced up Wanderlei and things would have just rolled on, business as usual.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information