Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diaz brothers remain strong on pay stance

Anybody who whips Cerrone's, Jim Miller's, and Maynard's ass like Nate did deserves a much nicer paycheck.

Plus you always know Nate is coming to get down and dirty and doesn't give a damn to kill or be killed, and will go down still telling the other guy to fuck off.

That's what I mean. You can honestly say that a guy is a real contender if he beats Nate Diaz.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

I am a lot more interested in Nick than Nate but it is clear Nate is hugely underpaid. He was naive to sign the contract in the first place but 15k to show against the top fighters in the division for someone of his tenure is not worth the risk.

Yep.

Every guy Nate has lost to in the UFC have gone on to be top contenders, titlechallengers, and even champions or possible future champions.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Anybody who whips Cerrone's, Jim Miller's, and Maynard's ass like Nate did deserves a much nicer paycheck.

Plus you always know Nate is coming to get down and dirty and doesn't give a damn to kill or be killed, and will go down still telling the other guy to fuck off.
    Well, then I guess he should finish his current contract and stress those facts when renegotiating his new one. I seriously cannot understand how anyone can defend somebody for not fulfilling a contract that they signed.

This mentality that people have now a days that things are owed to them is absolutely ridiculous.

Kids these days think they deserve a raise at their job just for showing up to work on time. SMDH

Nate isn't owed anything but he is WORTH a hell of a lot more than 15k guaranteed. No one is denying he is an idiot for signing the contract in the first place, he backed his ability and it didn't work out for him.

I personally like Riv's idea as a potential solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    Nate isn't owed anything but he is WORTH a hell of a lot more than 15k guaranteed. No one is denying he is an idiot for signing the contract in the first place, he backed his ability and it didn't work out for him.

I personally like Riv's idea as a potential solution to the problem.
    That's the thing. Nate is definitely worth much more but he/his manager is an idiot for signing the current contract. It's not like it was a TUF type of contract to get a job. This was a contract that was re-negotiated after his long, successful tenure in the UFC. Right now, it's more like "shit what the fuck did I do by signing this contract; could we re-negotiate the re-negotiated deal?".

I personally think he should suck it up and fight a couple more times, win those fights, build some more credibility behind him and then re-negotiate without that idiot of a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post

I personally think he should suck it up and fight a couple more times, win those fights, build some more credibility behind him and then re-negotiate without that idiot of a manager.
    To do that he would have to back himself to win those fights which is exactly what got him into this situation and this contract in the first place. Sitting out might actually be the only way he gets paid better, we will have to see who caves first.

I don't agree with him complaining about a contract he signed but I also don't think it is worth risking your health fighting the best in the division for 15k. He should definitely start working on a Plan B/ exit strategy from MMA (assuming he doesn't already have one) so he at least has options and isn't eventually forced to return if his heart isn't in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    To do that he would have to back himself to win those fights which is exactly what got him into this situation and this contract in the first place. Sitting out might actually be the only way he gets paid better, we will have to see who caves first.

I don't agree with him complaining about a contract he signed but I also don't think it is worth risking your health fighting the best in the division for 15k. He should definitely start working on a Plan B/ exit strategy from MMA (assuming he doesn't already have one) so he at least has options and isn't eventually forced to return if his heart isn't in it.
    Please enlighten me as to why the UFC NEEDS Nate Diaz or Nick for that matter to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Please enlighten me as to why the UFC NEEDS Nate Diaz or Nick for that matter to come back.
    they dont, period. The Diaz Brothers are a huge draw and bring in viewers and $$$ tho.. but the UFC does not NEED them. It's just nice to have different characters and personalities that put asses in the seats and make things interesting
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thread Information