+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gabi Garcia Has Beef With Ronda Rousey

Default Gabi Garcia Has Beef With Ronda Rousey

http://www.mmanews.com/8-time-world-...-ronda-rousey/

Garcia, responding to Rousey's claim that she can beat any female BJJ black belt in the world, gi or no-gi (via Gracie Mag) -

ďI rather believe she didnít know what she was saying. Itís not possible for someone to display such a lack of humbleness. She disrespected jiu-jitsu as a whole. The first quality of a champion is to be humble and to respect others. As my professior Fabio Gurgel said, Iím ready and at her disposal to fight her under any rules, with or without gi.Ē

Called this right away.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Called this right away.
    I believe it was sometime before or after her fight with McMann that Rousey claimed to be the best female striker out there. She now recently claims to be the best female BJJ practitioner.

In comparison, I don't think I ever heard Werdum claim to be the best (or one of the best) BJJ competitor. Same goes for Cyborg claiming to have the best striking in all WMMA. However, both fighters went out there and competed in the highest level of competition in that discipline and held their own.

Let me know when Rousey does more of the 'walking' and less of the 'talking'...(or gets the UFC's permission to do so)

ps...Rousey never competes in a BJJ match with Gabi Garcia, never faces Jorina Baars in muy Thai, never faces Cyborg in MMA.

Not if she or her management are smart lol

I seriously cannot wait for Holly Holm to annihilate her standing up.

Rousey does all of this to stir up controversy to attract attention to the shallow women's division. It's unfortunate she has to take on this role as I think she is following a personality that is bringing her success. Being an Olympian, I don't think she really means half the things she says.

Btw, that Gabe Garcia is the scariest fucking woman I have ever seen. She looks like she would pop and snap every bone in Ronda's body before consuming her remains.

A cheater preaching ethics that's rich! lol
    Last edited by Qball1974; 07-01-2014 at 04:44 PM.

Not if she or her management are smart lol

I don't know about that. If Holm can maintain space and keep it standing, which right now I'm doubting, it would be interesting. My prediction is that Rousey is going to clinch fast and will get it to the ground. From there, I think it's just a matter of time before Holm gets submitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I don't know about that. If Holm can maintain space and keep it standing, which right now I'm doubting, it would be interesting. My prediction is that Rousey is going to clinch fast and will get it to the ground. From there, I think it's just a matter of time before Holm gets submitted.
    I truly believe Holly would be the one to beat Ronda. Holm has been the pretty much only female fighter i've actively watched and paid attention to and let me just say, she's serious business. Jackson MMA has done great things with her and her striking is above par with the groundwork not being horrible either. Ronda would indeed try to rip off Holly's arm and go for the submission, she wont want to stay up at all

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I completely agree. My reference was to the post above where she was bragging about striking.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    I believe it was sometime before or after her fight with McMann that Rousey claimed to be the best female striker out there. She now recently claims to be the best female BJJ practitioner.

In comparison, I don't think I ever heard Werdum claim to be the best (or one of the best) BJJ competitor. Same goes for Cyborg claiming to have the best striking in all WMMA. However, both fighters went out there and competed in the highest level of competition in that discipline and held their own.

Let me know when Rousey does more of the 'walking' and less of the 'talking'...(or gets the UFC's permission to do so)

ps...Rousey never competes in a BJJ match with Gabi Garcia, never faces Jorina Baars in muy Thai, never faces Cyborg in MMA.
    ps Ronda never said anything close to what you seem to think she said.

What Ronda said was "I can beat any BJJ black belt with my Judo"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information