+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White will push B.J. Penn to retire if Penn loses to Frankie Edgar

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/1/...-frankie-edgar

I love BJ Penn but Dana's comparisons are idiotic. However, even though Penn stepped away for a while, could this very well be Penn's last fight if he loses? I certainly hope not. I really hope Penn gets revenge on Edgar this weekend. That would make my entire MMA year, hands down.
    I agree, leave it to Dana to exaggerate how great one of the greatest of all time is.

BJ will always be one of my most beloved fighters. I remember having so much emotion for his fights. The losses and draw really numbed me. BJ fans know the kind of fire and ferocity BJ has in him. Wish he could never get old.

I will have that spark once more for this fight especially and I hope it won't be the last because BJ Penn IS going to get his revenge on Frankie this time. The first decision WAS bullshit. Either way, BJ Penn at the very best in his life is a much better and better type of fighter than Edgar and that's the truth. Anyone who disagrees can suck it.

Frankie would never easily beat him and would never finish him. No fucking way.

Damn I hope BJ submits him. I'd cry tears of joy.

When he knocked Hughes out, I was at a bar, and I slapped a table so hard in joy that my glass broke. If he beats Edgar, I hope I'm at home by myself.

I would LOVE to see Penn sat atop the cage, going absolutely mental as he licks Frankie's blood off his gloves. Unfortunately I can't see it happening.

I think Edgar's superior speed and footwork, coupled with him being damn near impossible to keep on the mat, prevent Penn from imposing his will. I fully expect another comfortable decision victory for 'The Answer' but I will watch and hope for a Tito/Bader moment.

4. Default

This fight makes more sense than many of the UFC's booked fights. This isn't a title fight by many if there first fight was judged as most saw it there may never of been a second fight. It's two ex champs wanting to settle a score, and BJ has given a lot for the sport to justify the call out as legit fight to happen. Either one that wins this doesn't earn a title shot in my book

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.MMA
    We may have seen the Jordan of MMA play his last game when he knocked out Pedro Rizzo, or when he lost a controversial split decision to Johny Hendricks. I would've said when he broke his leg against Weidman but all signs point to him coming back. At this point, only Fedor, Anderson and GSP should be considered the best to ever play this game. No one else.
    Umm, GSP didn't lose the decision to Hendricks?

I wish i could out it as well as riv did but im not that smart

All i can say is i love bj penn. He is my tied all time favourite sportsman with a rugby league player named darren lockyer i cried when he retired and ill cry when bj is done.

War baby jay

7. 07-03-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    At this point, only Fedor, Anderson and GSP should be considered the best to ever play this game. No one else.
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."
    — Vince Lombardi

I'm really excited for a BJ and Edgar fight no matter what, really.
    You have to know what you don't know.

The last two Edgar fights. It's been a while since I saw the first one, well either of them, but I don't recall BJ being close in either of them. I remember him being slow and out paced in both fights. I think he'll be slower and outpaced by Edgar again in this fight again. But I will go back and watch. And hey, this cat ain't getting influenced by Rogan's bullshit, don't assume me for some rookie, I know how to drain some beers and yell at the TV a bit during a PPV party haha. I will have to rewatch the first fight to see if I agree with you. I watched the Jones vs Gustafson fight over and over and while it was so close (and I wanted to Goose to win), anyone clamoring about Goose getting robbed is lying to themselves. The right decision was made in that fight. So I'm interested to revisit this first Penn-Edgar fight again.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    The last two Edgar fights. It's been a while since I saw the first one, well either of them, but I don't recall BJ being close in either of them.
    ...seriously, watch it with the sound off.

Penn gets beaten thoroughly in the second one, in every aspect of the game; no doubt. But he won the first one.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information